Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if this reply diverges too much for the intended thread, but b1gsky, I don’t know what system your mirrorless is, but I have found a lot of success using an old third party tablet sleeve in my MCB for my Fuji X Pro 2, which is not a small mirrorless by any means. I also own (and love) the Tenba BYOB, but, IMO, cube like or structured inserts work against the MCB’s near perfect design. Any boxiness that I add to the MCB causes it bounce annoyingly off my side just like all the other bags that don’t work for me. The TB Cache works, but is so deeply padded that it causes the bag to do the same thing. Of course, a smaller mirrorless system would probably be fine in the cache. Using my old neoprene sleeve (think I bought it years ago for a Nook or Kindle) allows me to access gear quickly, distributes the camera weight comfortably, and does not make me feel off balance when I walk.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyM View Post
    Apologies if this reply diverges too much for the intended thread, but b1gsky, I don’t know what system your mirrorless is, but I have found a lot of success using an old third party tablet sleeve in my MCB for my Fuji X Pro 2, which is not a small mirrorless by any means. I also own (and love) the Tenba BYOB, but, IMO, cube like or structured inserts work against the MCB’s near perfect design. Any boxiness that I add to the MCB causes it bounce annoyingly off my side just like all the other bags that don’t work for me. The TB Cache works, but is so deeply padded that it causes the bag to do the same thing. Of course, a smaller mirrorless system would probably be fine in the cache. Using my old neoprene sleeve (think I bought it years ago for a Nook or Kindle) allows me to access gear quickly, distributes the camera weight comfortably, and does not make me feel off balance when I walk.
    I carry an Oly EM10Mark2, often with the 25mm 1.8 attached. I couldn’t imagine putting the camera into a Kindle sleeve, wouldn’t the depth be too shallow for that? What I like about the idea of a cube is that it’s always easily accessible when open... I still had one of those protective camera wraps lying around and used that in the meantime, but it’s really annoying to open and close to get the camera in and out, even though it doesn’t take up as much room as a cube would.

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 wish list-3217e09f-75a1-4620-8c37-562d0a6df214-jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I carry an Oly EM10Mark2, often with the 25mm 1.8 attached. I couldn’t imagine putting the camera into a Kindle sleeve, wouldn’t the depth be too shallow for that? What I like about the idea of a cube is that it’s always easily accessible when open... I still had one of those protective camera wraps lying around and used that in the meantime, but it’s really annoying to open and close to get the camera in and out, even though it doesn’t take up as much room as a cube would.
    I attached an image of how I use my old tablet sleeve. My camera with the 18 to 135 is about 7 inches long and a couple inches wide. It sits in the sleeve but is not stuck in it, if that makes sense. I don’t bother to close it, and have immediate access and sufficient protection from knocks and jostles.Basically, it functions as a liner in the MCB. I love walking around this way. 2019 wish list-3217e09f-75a1-4620-8c37-562d0a6df214-jpeg

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyM View Post
    I attached an image of how I use my old tablet sleeve. My camera with the 18 to 135 is about 7 inches long and a couple inches wide. It sits in the sleeve but is not stuck in it, if that makes sense. I don’t bother to close it, and have immediate access and sufficient protection from knocks and jostles.Basically, it functions as a liner in the MCB. I love walking around this way.
    Thanks - looks good! I don’t think I have something similar around I could give a try right now, but I’ll have a look.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Western Flyer in Nordic before it's gone. Pilot in Nebulous!

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím returning a sidekick for the second time as I just donít like the orientation. What I really want is a SE thatís the same depth as the SK. I want to be able to fitt my hobonichi in but still have my wallet easily accessible when I unzip the bag.

Fingers crossed...
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still wishing for a Cadet in Black/Wasabi. I'm all-in on that Wasabi lifestyle – I can’t make the hop to Island.

Forum Member
    South Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogsim View Post
    A 30-32 liter backpack combining the best features of the Synapse and the Brain Bag would be extraordinary do-it-all travel and commuting backpack.

* Synapse organization/admin panel
    * Brain Bag dual main compartment
    * full clamshell opening
    * frame sheet
    * compression straps
    * side water bottle pockets
    I just got a Synapse 25 and love it. I don't know that it will be big enough for one-bagging for all my trips, and this would be a great addition--maybe as big as 35L for me.

Atlanta, GA USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A +/- 26L bitty Brain Bag with more of a clam shell opening and a center compartment divider that unzips (like the ones in the A30 & A45) to offer even more carry flexibility... I love my Brain Bag but lack the discipline required to limit packing it with a manageable weight! And at 5í2.5Ē the Synapse is sadly too long for my short torso. It would be a little bigger than personal size dimensions but probably still fir under seat.
    current EDC- Black Ballistic Travel Cubelet with an Orange 152 COW. I have MANY pouches... My goal is 1 in every color 好的朋友

Forum Member
    VA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Travel cubelet with loops on the side like SE or SK, so I can hook onto the front of SA with gatekeepers.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Or work with a waist strap for a non-lame fanny pack!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JRH View Post
    I just got a Synapse 25 and love it. I don't know that it will be big enough for one-bagging for all my trips, and this would be a great addition--maybe as big as 35L for me.
    A 35L that can cinch down to 26-28L via compression straps would be very versatile indeed. The Aeronaut would be the obvious choice for a one-bag solution, but it'll never be the same as a proper and intentionally designed backpack.

Forum Member
    South Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 35L that can cinch down to 26-28L via compression straps would be very versatile indeed. The Aeronaut would be the obvious choice for a one-bag solution, but it'll never be the same as a proper and intentionally designed backpack.
    I had an aeronaut 45 a few year ago, and I liked it a lot. But it packed like a duffle and so didn’t really sit right as a backpack for me. It may be different with the new frame sheet, but I agree, it just won’t be the same as a properly designed backpack.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 35L that can cinch down to 26-28L via compression straps would be very versatile indeed.
    that sounds like.... a brain bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post

Also, gatekeeper webbing loops on Cubelets and Travel Cubelets would be good too. I really just want to gatekeeper clip several bags together I guess.

Also, yes to a limited edition pink Halcyon! I would have to buy all the bags.

I strongly disagree with changing the Travel Cubelet and Cubelet attachment points.

Those enable a Simple Strap, a Long or a Short Key strap swap in a second.

For example, if my main EDC is too full, it is really easy to grab the TC, and use it as a shoulder bag.

If I need to swap my main EDC from a backpack to a shoulder bag, TCs and Cubelets become pockets that can be anchored with Key Straps, this is especially true with the Large Shop Bag and Pop Tote and to a lesser extend the Swift, which already has built in pockets.

I use the SE and TC for thematic organization of essentials, I keep them with the Simple Strap on, in the casual S19 or LSB.
    But, I like to have the ability to use them as pockets in the more formal Pop Tote and Swift.

I am completely on board with Pink in Halcyon or EDC Ballistic (the lightweight ones).

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    I strongly disagree with changing the Travel Cubelet and Cubelet attachment points.
    No no, I mean add gatekeeper loops below the shoulder strap attachment points, like on the Side Effect, and the first edition Side Kick.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast