Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pvn View Post
    that sounds like.... a brain bag.
    OMG, you're right. Genius! Brilliant!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    Or work with a waist strap for a non-lame fanny pack!
    Depending on your hip size, you can adjust the shoulder strap down for a fanny pack - that's how I wear mine fairly frequently. :-) Snaphook isn't quite as easy to fasten as a regular buckle, but it gets the job done with no additional cost!
    A45 - Black Halcyon/NWS MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! TC - Viridian/Dawn TT - UV/Sitka/Monarch

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a LCB or MCB in original Nordic. Okay fine, anything in original NORDIC.

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solar, Sitka, and Zest!

Forum Member
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mentioned this in the 2018 Wish List thread, but I think it's worth repeating:

A lanyard/ID card holder. Sort of like a COW crossed with the passport holder. I have a few IDs I need to wear at work, and I haven't found a good solution yet that will let me display at least one at a time and have two-to-three other cards available when needed.

Forum Member
    lawrence ks
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @debru i have a brain bag and a S25, i like them both. you should take a look at the Greenroom136 Rainmaker. 27L and 18" tall, its is kind of a smaller brain bag. with load lifters too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    No no, I mean add gatekeeper loops below the shoulder strap attachment points, like on the Side Effect, and the first edition Side Kick.
    Sorry, I misunderstood.

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xnykid View Post
    @debru i have a brain bag and a S25, i like them both. you should take a look at the Greenroom136 Rainmaker. 27L and 18" tall, its is kind of a smaller brain bag. with load lifters too.

so heavy though.... I've eyeballed those off and on for years. they weigh a ton

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passagare View Post

A lanyard/ID card holder. Sort of like a COW crossed with the passport holder. I have a few IDs I need to wear at work, and I haven't found a good solution yet that will let me display at least one at a time and have two-to-three other cards available when needed.
    Yes, I second this request!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Clamshell Backpack
    - Based on the Synapse 25
    - Clamshell opening
    - Exterior Laptop access- single L shaped zip
    - Well-padded top handle
    - Side handle (with sufficient rigidity from internal frame)
    - Replace internal halcyon pocket with a zip-close mesh pocket (bottom) and a zip-close clear pocket (top)
    - No side pockets or water bottle pocket
    - On exterior, retain only the small easy access top pocket, and bottom large pocket
    - Subtle exterior branding (e.g. the strip on the Side Effect)
    - Ample O-Rings
    Last edited by experimentjon; 01-04-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things I'd like to see:

Brain Bags with the same back panel design as the S25 / Guide's Pack, etc. One of my favorite things about Tom Bihn backpacks is that oval thing that sits so nicely right in the small of your back.

And some sort of elegant way to anchor a Freudian Slip so I can throw all my stuff in there and not worry about it sagging down into the bottom of the bag and folding up.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the aesthetic of the Shadow Guide, but main compartment as sack+cord I'm not that interested, what which makes me pay no matter the price, it is a main compartment as a real waterproof sack (submersible for a short time).
    I love the upper compartment and it will made awesome aesthetic for a true waterproof bag (more exactly mix water-resistant/waterproof bag, since the upper compartment can only be water-resistant, but that is fine by me).

I know it is a weird idea, and for that the collab' between TB and another other (amazing) manufacturer who does submersible bags is needed (since submersible bag cannot be sewed...) but it costs nothing to say and hope :P
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, since we're wishing... A couple wishes for the Guide's Pack:

Would love to see the Guide's pack lined with a high visibility liner, so you could see what's inside without needing a flashlight, and the zipper on Guide's pack top pocket moved to the top of that pocket. The reason I'd suggest moving that zipper is twofold:

#1> So you can easily unzip it and get in and out of that pocket with the flap closed. With the zipper on the bottom, you've got to undo the flap and lift it if you don't want things to spill out.
    #2> Seems like it would put less stress / pressure on that zipper as well. One less thing to worry about failing on an otherwise bombproof pack?

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passagare View Post

The night after I read this, I dreamed I saw someone wearing one. In the dream I wondered why you had posted a wish for something that clearly already existed! :-)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before original halcyon is retired, I would love to see a limited edition of a couple items. First, a travel tray. I love my 400d halcyon/dyneema travel trays. They are stiffer and stand up better than my 200d ones. Travel trays are one of my most used TB item. They are all over the house holding everything from TV remotes to toiletries to Lego pieces.

Also, would like another run of the original halcyon PCSB. I am looking forward to the PCSB being made in the new ballistic colors and am hoping original halcyon will be included. Again, the 400d is superior to the 200d in using the PCSB as a purse because it is thicker and holds its shape better.

Oh, yes, one last wish. Please bring back Solar. Everything is easy to find in a Solar-lined bag. So sad itís retired.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Ristretto in Aubergine to match my indestructible, circa 2000 Brain Bag! Or any fun color really -- it's one of the most stylish laptop bags in the lineup, and it baffles me that it only comes in black right now.

Alternately, a slightly larger version of the Maker's Bag, which would be perfect if my laptop fit in it.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast