Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2019 wish list

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Before original halcyon is retired, I would love to see a limited edition of a couple items. First, a travel tray. I love my 400d halcyon/dyneema travel trays. They are stiffer and stand up better than my 200d ones. Travel trays are one of my most used TB item. They are all over the house holding everything from TV remotes to toiletries to Lego pieces.

Also, would like another run of the original halcyon PCSB. I am looking forward to the PCSB being made in the new ballistic colors and am hoping original halcyon will be included. Again, the 400d is superior to the 200d in using the PCSB as a purse because it is thicker and holds its shape better.

Oh, yes, one last wish. Please bring back Solar. Everything is easy to find in a Solar-lined bag. So sad it’s retired.
    I second all of this! (Plus I'd like a return of the Black Halcyon PCSB because I foolishly traded mine, thinking I could buy a replacement for it.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    [...]
    Oh, yes, one last wish. Please bring back Solar. Everything is easy to find in a Solar-lined bag. So sad itís retired.
    +1 for Solar
    just a newly Bihnion here

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passagare View Post
    Mentioned this in the 2018 Wish List thread, but I think it's worth repeating:

A lanyard/ID card holder. Sort of like a COW crossed with the passport holder. I have a few IDs I need to wear at work, and I haven't found a good solution yet that will let me display at least one at a time and have two-to-three other cards available when needed.
    I read this, and was wondering why you couldn't just put a COW (or COP) on a lanyard. I use the system described for my laundry cards - not necessarily needs to be clear to show anyone, but clear so I remember what's in it. (More than one card, because always good to have a backup in case one fails to read, but that's a whole different issue.)

The only downside I can see to doing so is that without the second attachment point, during movement it may flip to hide the ID instead of showing it through the clear side.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    I read this, and was wondering why you couldn't just put a COW (or COP) on a lanyard. I use the system described for my laundry cards - not necessarily needs to be clear to show anyone, but clear so I remember what's in it. (More than one card, because always good to have a backup in case one fails to read, but that's a whole different issue.)

The only downside I can see to doing so is that without the second attachment point, during movement it may flip to hide the ID instead of showing it through the clear side.
    Waves at @Just,

The Clear Organizer Wallet, besides being too small for some of the ID badges, doesn’t have a ring or Snaphook to connect at both top corners. But you can detach the lanyard from the Passport Pouch and clip it to some of the really shoddy quality conference badges I’ve been given. Some of them are designed to double as pin-ons, and you can run the pin through the webbing loop at the top of the Passport Pouch and just let the badge sit on top of the cloth front of the pouch.

Another possible hack @Passagare could try in the meantime is to use the new Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Straps:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    They’re here! See: Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Straps on the Key Straps page. They just got a little lost in all of the other news.
    (Those were really buried and hard to find! The product page hasn’t been updated to mention them, either, which is why I included a picture of my Iberian 8” keystrap with split ring holding a Preon flashlight attached to an Olive Cubelet). The longer ones can be hooked together.

HTH (and welcome back to mod duties)

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a PCBP for the A30 that is closer in form to the WF/TriStar or A45 PCBP (I've tried so hard to like my A30 PCBP, and I just don't. The extra pouch part is just awkward and seems unnecessary, so it just sits around not being used. )

A way to add-on an o-ring (either to a non-TB bag or to a TB bag where there isn't one)

A bigger o-ring to clip a million little things to (I have some old Double Carabiners, but they are less than ideal, which is probably why TB doesn't sell them anymore?)

Smart Alec

Kid's backpack

Insulated lunch bag (or non-insulated even)

Pink (my kiddo would LOVE anything in pink. lol)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

Another possible hack @Passagare could try in the meantime is to use the new Snaphook/Split-Ring Key Straps:

(Those were really buried and hard to find! The product page hasnít been updated to mention them, either, which is why I included a picture of my Iberian 8Ē keystrap with split ring holding a Preon flashlight attached to an Olive Cubelet). The longer ones can be hooked together.

HTH (and welcome back to mod duties)

moriond
    While I could string a few key straps together to make a lanyard, it's the ID holder I need more help with TB providing. It seems like such low-hanging-fruit for a new product that might be pretty popular.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passagare View Post
    While I could string a few key straps together to make a lanyard, it's the ID holder I need more help with TB providing. It seems like such low-hanging-fruit for a new product that might be pretty popular.
    I’d probably buy one!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I’d probably buy one!
    Ditto on the ID holder desire.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tress29 View Post
    I’d probably buy one!
    I would buy an ID holder on a lanyard. It's also the type of product I could see me buying as a gift for my work teams, as the ID holders we are issued with are useless and always breaking - and to introduce them too to Tom Bihn.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting a clear urethane pocket on one side of the Passport Pouch would also accommodate awkward conference badges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    A bigger o-ring to clip a million little things to (I have some old Double Carabiners, but they are less than ideal, which is probably why TB doesn't sell them anymore?)
    In the past when I've bought a few Key Straps at a time, they've come clipped onto something which could be described as a bigger o-ring. It's a stiff black plastic circle maybe 2" across. I use them to store extra Key Straps on. So if that describes what you're looking for, it exists!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    In the past when I've bought a few Key Straps at a time, they've come clipped onto something which could be described as a bigger o-ring. It's a stiff black plastic circle maybe 2" across. I use them to store extra Key Straps on. So if that describes what you're looking for, it exists!
    Where was this when I bought 5 key straps, 2 utility straps and 2 handle loops in 1 order? Lol 2019 wish list

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Where was this when I bought 5 key straps, 2 utility straps and 2 handle loops in 1 order? Lol 2019 wish list
    Maybe they were out right then? Or maybe they don't have them anymore.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Maybe they were out right then? Or maybe they don't have them anymore.
    This was May 2016, so... Possible they didn't have them yet or they were out.
    Also I had several pouches in that order, maybe they came inside a pouch.... Can't remember, but I keep things like tags and hanging bits, so I know I didn't get what you're talking about 2019 wish list

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PrimalMama; 01-08-2019 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Edited because my autocucumber is out of control

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another wish here, but would love to see the Large Zip Top Shop bag in Black Halcyon (grey grid). I would buy it in a heartbeat...and it's the most masculine Halcyon IMO. Bonus points if it came in before the price increase!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast