Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Road Buddy Duffel 60 first impressions

My Road Buddy Duffel 60 arrived today and my first impression was that it is bigger than I thought (in a good way that is). I debated getting the 36l but in the end I thought that having a bag that was a bit too big was better than one that was not quite big enough.
    The manufacturing quality is all that you would expect from a Tom Bihn bag. I bought this with the Absolute Shoulder Strap as anything less would not be wise if you intend to carry it on your shoulder for any great distance.
    The main compartment is very spacious. I was able to lay an Eagle Creek medium garment folder on the bottom without it pushing out too much. The folder is about 45x30 cm and slightly longer than the compartment. I also stuffed three Eagle Creek packing cubes ( approx. 36x25cm) and they fit in quite well.
    Road Buddy Duffel 60 first impressions-p1060562_resize-jpg

Road Buddy Duffel 60 first impressions-p1060563_resize-jpg

I also placed them side by side and there is probably room there for a fourth depending on how much you pack them.
    Road Buddy Duffel 60 first impressions-p1060564_resize-jpg

The same EC cube also fits the end pockets with a little squishing on the ends. There is definitely plenty of room for a pair of shoes or two.
    Road Buddy Duffel 60 first impressions-p1060565_resize-jpg
    And finally, I took my Vanguard Divider Bag 37 (38 x 24 x 17cm) for my camera and lenses plus my Benro Travel Angel tripod (40cm). The tripod is just the right length and fits neatly in front of the divider bag.
    Road Buddy Duffel 60 first impressions-p1060566_resize-jpg
    The size of the bag makes the lashing straps almost superfluous (for me at least) but Iím sure I can find a way to repurpose them on my other TB bags or other gear!
    Whether itís travel or photography, Iím looking forward to getting on the road with the Road Buddy. I can see many years of use ahead.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! I have the skookum dog duffle that Iíve never used for my dog. Any experience with it? Iím curious to know the differences.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeremiah, I've never owned the Skookum Dog duffle. But seeing as it was 36l I can only say that it holds less than the 60l Road Buddy. At a guess, I think you might get away with the Skookum Dog as airline carry-on, but there is no way you could do it with the Road Buddy.

I look at the Road Buddy as something I will be throwing in the boot for road trips or as the occasional oversized camera bag. I certainly can't see lack of space being an issue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow the 36L is huge to me. I can fit a weekís worth of clothes in it for travel and Iíve definitely used it as a carry on no problem. Sounds like the road buddy would be great for camping or road tripping.