Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Non-TB handbag suggestions

I love my TB bags and appreciate that the brand strives for unisex styles, but there are times when Iíd like a more girly handbag. Iíve submitted a wish for TB to design something like this, but in the meantime, do any of you have an ethically made brand you recommend? Something that would play nicely with my TB accessories?

Forum Member
    Near San Jose, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It kinda depends on how you define "girly", but I like KAVU bags.
    Alas, they don't have o-rings, but then most bags don't

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Osgoode Marley makes lovely nylon bags and similar designs in leather. All are great quality.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    Before Tom Bihn, I liked Baggallini. Since then, I noticed the quality has been lowered in favor of quantity (many more styles). Used ones are often on Ebay. The original styles seem to hold their value. All the styles I tried were a nylon fabric, which was easy to add a waterproofing treatment.

I find that having a waterproof bag makes both travel and local outings better. Having everything in my daybag soaked in Scotland was a major hassle to dry. Adding a dry bag as a liner kept everything dry, but it was disorganized and made it hard to find anything in the bag.

Good luck! elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a fan of Sherpani bags. :-)
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heartís desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgetting about budgets....

I use MZ Wallace bags from their metro tote line.

https://www.mzwallace.com/search?q=metro

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Maybe the handbags category on Etsy?
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pacsafe makes some purse like bags. I have this convertible one in black that works decent as a shoulder bag. https://www.pacsafe.com/citysafe-cx-...d=bags#start=1

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're throwing out budgets... what about the Tsatsas bag designed by Dieter Rams? The NY Times did a story on it recently. I think Dieter and Tom have many of the same design philosophies, and I absolutely love my Vitsoe chair.

At a much lower price, I like Baggu.

Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my Longchamp Le Pliage. Lots of color choices and styles. Mine is the larger size, big enough for several large organizer pouches to carry files, a q-kit for keys, clear organizer pouch for business cards, 3D organizer cube for make up and essentials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cave of caerbannog
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LUG bags....everytime I see they have a show on QVC I watch. So far I have only one bag, a Gondola in black fireworks pattern. Unfortunately for LUGS, they don't offer that pattern anymore or I would have more bags.

Great organization, sometimes over the top for me, but really nice looking bags.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....
    be nice - until it's time to not be nice.......what separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize...

Forum Member
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had my eye on the Ethnotek line for a while. Lots to feel good about there.
    Also, Timbuk2 make all sorts of great day-bags and purse styles.
    Lastly, I do love my Patagonia Lightweight Courier. It's packable, durable, sturdy and can hold a ton but also carries beautifully when packed light. Comes in great colors, lots of pockets but not showy ones and you can still tote a water bottle if you like.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahJaneMakes View Post
    I've had my eye on the Ethnotek line for a while. Lots to feel good about there.
    Also, Timbuk2 make all sorts of great day-bags and purse styles.
    Lastly, I do love my Patagonia Lightweight Courier. It's packable, durable, sturdy and can hold a ton but also carries beautifully when packed light. Comes in great colors, lots of pockets but not showy ones and you can still tote a water bottle if you like.
    I was just looking at that! Maybe it's just because of being so close to Christmas, but I could only find it in black, blue, and dark red.

It looks great , but if it doesn't have O-rings...
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!