Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also argue against the Aeronaut as a gym bag. Its structure is too rigid to allow you to cram it into a locker easily. The nice thing about the Road Duffel and the Yeomen Duffels is that once you take stuff out of them, you can squish them down to fit into whatever storage is available.

Also, thanks to the posters above who suggested the Truck. I'm suddenly violently convinced that the Truck is the perfect open-top gym bag - stands up on its own, three compartments for gear/clean/dirty clothes, easy access to all items, collapsible for easy storage, easy to clean... It's a little too small for my excessive purposes, but otherwise... perfect.
    EDC: Side Kick/Medium Cafe Bag | WORK: Daylight Briefcase | GYM: Medium Road Duffel | TRAVEL: Smart Alec | EVERYTHING ELSE: Large Shop Bags

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a minimalist backpack, but I dont have to carry towels and the like. Its great as a day to day bag. Just big enough to carry a days worth of workout clothes, sneakers and headphones.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was impressed with @giuliofís review of the medium Road Duffel as his gym bag. He maybe carries more to the gym than you do, but his post will give you a good idea what you can carry in it. Although the Road Duffel is now retired, the Road Buddy is the new iteration. I have the same one that @guiliof has and it packs quite a bit. Last month Mr. pammy took it to Walt Disney World with eight daysí worth of clothing. Itís a great bag. It also looks more manly than a Pop Tote, in my opinion.

https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...el-medium.html
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't quite wrap my head around why some people would say that the Aeronaut 30 is too much bag for this job, but that the Road Buddy 36 isn't? As far as dimensions, they are similar. The size and placement of the openings are similar. It seems like the main differences are the A30's Backpack straps, and that the A30 is more rigid and less plyable, or not as easy to jam into tight lockers.

I like the idea of the Truck, but in the end I think that I throw my bag around enough that I need it zippered shut. I wish the Road Buddy was about a 28L

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíd honestly get a yeoman and plastic bag for dirty laundry. A stuff sack or laundry bag if you want to stick to TB. But itís a good way to go I think. I tie a side effect to two of the internal orings so thereís a bit of organisation for smaller things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered the Parental Unit? Pockets and compartments aplenty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take my Synapse 25 and for dirty clothes I put them in a A30 laundry sack in the bottom front pocket. I am considering a RB36 though.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking I better go with the Road Buddy. Maybe to much volume for what I need it for 90% of the time, but there will be times where I'll use it. And I guess I will just have to separately get an Aeronaut for Travel to replace my Osprey Never too much TB right?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheuptick View Post
    --Large Zip Shop Bag or Zip Pop Tote - Can a guy carry these into the gym? Seems more like a woman's bag to me?
    The Pop Tote looks like a bowling bag, so plenty manly. However, it does not have useful pockets.

The Zip Top Shop Bags are generic totes with great pockets. Plenty manly if you pick a color you like.

Personally, I like the Road Buddy 36. GREAT POCKETS. Good for travel. But if you want backpack straps, get the A30. The Road Buddy is soft and will fold and squish down and fit in a locker. The A30 will not squish down or fold due to the stiff structure in the backpack straps section (and that's without the frame sheet).

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The large zip top shop bag is manly enough for me. What TB bag can I use for a Gym Bag?  Considering Aeronaut..? I would stuff it in my S25 empty or partially filled with gym clothing/sneakers then use the bag by itself going to the gym. Advantage would be after the gym, all the sweaty stuff would be separate from the S25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldYam View Post
    I would also argue against the Aeronaut as a gym bag. Its structure is too rigid to allow you to cram it into a locker easily.
    I agree that the yeoman duffle seems like a better bag for the gym than the Aeronaut, but Aeronauts can be flexible. I carry my A30 without the foam pad, so when I lent it to my sister, it fit easily inside her DLBP!

What TB bag can I use for a Gym Bag?  Considering Aeronaut..?-screenshot_20190105-162844-jpg

It'll definitely fit in a locker.

I think it's more bag than you need, tho, and you can get just as much function spending less money for a truck or yeoman duffle. I use an open top tote as my barn bag for horseback riding, and now I want a truck to keep my boots separate from my helmet...

(Edited to fix typos and to add that I am now sure that I need a Truck for the barn: compartments for boots, helmet, chaps, pockets for gloves and wallet/phone.)
    Last edited by Lia; 01-05-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The result of this thread arrived today. Very pleased with my new Road Buddy. Added the A45 Laundry Stuff Sack as well to use when necessary. Also got an extra set of Red cords for my Synapse Love it all so far!

What TB bag can I use for a Gym Bag?  Considering Aeronaut..?-img_4495-jpg
    What TB bag can I use for a Gym Bag?  Considering Aeronaut..?-img_4496-jpg
    Last edited by ontheuptick; 01-08-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ That looks great! Where do you get the blue and red cords from?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_engineer View Post
    ^^ That looks great! Where do you get the blue and red cords from?
    From the Tom BIHN website of course! Look under accessories I think.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ Awesome, thanks. I had a look earlier but couldn't find them; got them now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast