Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeoman Duffle Question

Ok, I am hoping someone might have some first hand experience or can give me some advice. I know it's Christmas time but I have a close friend who has a birthday right after Christmas and I was thinking of items to get them. One of the things he likes to do is visit the gun range occasionally. He had his own ear muffs and eye protection already so I thought since I'm a TB fan why not try to corrupt, I mean enlighten someone else with the joy of TB. Of all the TB bags I was thinking the yeoman duffle might be the best bet. Either in the small or medium size.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this being used in that situation. Would it be a good idea? Any other TB bags you might suggest instead? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Bigs: S25 | A30 | PILOT | SA | L15
    Littles: SC | 3DOC | TC | PP | N4 | WFPC

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We call it, generically, a "range bag", and yes, every shooting sports person has one of some sort and they vary widely. I think the medium would be plenty large enough, and maybe even the small. My only caution is that there are some small items typically brought along, so something with some internal/external pockets would be even better. Take a look at the Pilot and the Stowaway. If you go with the Yeoman, maybe add a couple of organizer cubes.

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no experience with guns being an Australian. I only know ammo boxes cos of the awesome ammodors. A yeoman and pilot are two completely different bags. I have both. The yeoman is awesome for large square cube sized items. The pilot is basically only good for flat rectangular shaped objects. I imagine ear muffs, glasses and ammo boxes or what not would not fit very well in a pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeoman Duffle Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrbaseball47 View Post
    Ok, I am hoping someone might have some first hand experience or can give me some advice. I know it's Christmas time but I have a close friend who has a birthday right after Christmas and I was thinking of items to get them. One of the things he likes to do is visit the gun range occasionally. He had his own ear muffs and eye protection already so I thought since I'm a TB fan why not try to corrupt, I mean enlighten someone else with the joy of TB. Of all the TB bags I was thinking the yeoman duffle might be the best bet. Either in the small or medium size.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this being used in that situation. Would it be a good idea? Any other TB bags you might suggest instead? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Hi @mrbaseball47,

I'm a big fan of the Yeoman series, and I took a quick look over at the EDC forum discussions of tactical bags -- which included some comments about the Yeoman Duffel. However, for the specific function that you're asking about -- using a duffel as a range bag -- you're going to need space allocated for a lot of specifically shaped purposes. So, while a Small Yeoman Duffel would have the capacity to hold the items your friend would use, it would probably be better to look at specialized bags for this purpose, such as the 5.11 Tactical Range Qualifier Bag. If you look at their product video, you can see the typical requirements for fitting magazines, headgear and eye protection.

Just my suggestion. If you want to see various packups of the Yeoman Duffel, take a look at the pictures in the threads for New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute or The New Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes threads.

HTH

moriond

ETA: For some reason, when I try to open the link to the 5.11 product page in TapaTalk, I get messages that the link had expired, and it fails. However, when I tap and hold that link on my iPhone in TapaTalk, I get the option to open it in either Safari or Chrome (which I also have loaded). Either of those options works perfectly well, and I can play the associated video that shows you the layout and pockets for dedicated gun accessories. Not sure what the issue is with TapaTalk.
    Last edited by moriond; 12-24-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @mrbaseball47,

I'm a big fan of the Yeoman series, and I took a quick look over at the EDC forum discussions of tactical bags -- which included some comments about the Yeoman Duffel. However, for the specific function that you're asking about -- using a duffel as a range bag -- you're going to need space allocated for a lot of specifically shaped purposes. So, while a Small Yeoman Duffel would have the capacity to hold the items your friend would use, it would probably be better to look at specialized bags for this purpose, such as the 5.11 Tactical Range Qualifier Bag. If you look at their product video, you can see the typical requirements for fitting magazines, headgear and eye protection.

Just my suggestion. If you want to see various packups of the Yeoman Duffel, take a look at the pictures in the threads for New sizes to the Yeoman SOOO cute or The New Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cubes threads.

HTH

moriond

ETA: For some reason, when I try to open the link to the 5.11 product page in TapaTalk, I get messages that the link had expired, and it fails. However, when I tap and hold that link on my iPhone in TapaTalk, I get the option to open it in either Safari or Chrome (which I also have loaded). Either of those options works perfectly well, and I can play the associated video that shows you the layout and pockets for dedicated gun accessories. Not sure what the issue is with TapaTalk.
    I appreciate your input and I will definitely be taking a look at specific range bags in particular. I figured that was always the best option but was hoping that there would be a TB alternative.

Looking at the links you provided, even if I did prefer to go with the yeoman and a couple packing cubes, they cubes aren't made any more right? I would have to find them second hand and that would be a chore as I have never seen them pop up (granted my sample window is small compared to many).

Do you think a small yeoman with 2 packing cubes would work or is it still a better idea to go with the specificay made bag? I appreciate all your help.

Thanks,
    Mrbaseball47
    Bigs: S25 | A30 | PILOT | SA | L15
    Littles: SC | 3DOC | TC | PP | N4 | WFPC