Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My out-of-closet bag storage setup

As a Christmas gift to myself, I decided to setup a wall to house my Tom Bihn bags - I can get away with this since I live by myself + my three kids I found that my closet was too full with bags Ive since retired (my previous bag obsession was Briggs and Riley) and I wanted to move them to someplace with easy access since I travel a fair bit. The backpacks are at the lower level because I switch between them often.

Top row: Tri-Star with all size of packing cubes, A30, Western Flyer with all packing cubes
    Middle: hanging basket with all accessories, (blank spot for the bag my girlfriend got me, yet unidentified!), Founders Briefcase
    Bottom: S25, S19, Brain Bag, and my A45 (not pictured)

Yep... its pretty ridiculous. Anyways, Im not sure if this is the totally wrong forum to post this, but I thought itd be fun to share. Id love to see other non-traditional bag storage setups?

EDC: Brain Bag or Synapse 25 or 19 | Travel: Aeronaut 30 or Western Flyer | Looking forward to using: Tri-Star | Semi-retired: Founder's Briefcase

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a wonderful and a great idea!

It looks like you used modular shelves usually used in closets, where did you get them?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular ol' hardware store - specifically Home Depot. 6' shelving with drywall hardware and then robe hooks for the backpacks (since they're hanging by the handle, I wanted to make sure they weren't hanging on one hook only
    EDC: Brain Bag or Synapse 25 or 19 | Travel: Aeronaut 30 or Western Flyer | Looking forward to using: Tri-Star | Semi-retired: Founder's Briefcase

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you find you use all the bags, or just a collection that has built up over time? Also, which two do you think get used the most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I read that, " . . . I can get away with this since I live by myself + three kids I found in my closet . . ."

I have both Briggs & Riley (TORQ and Transcend) and TB bags (2 A45s, 1 Medium Road Buddy, and a Pilot). I use the Russian Nesting Dolls technique as much as possible for the luggage type bags, but I don't travel much, so I don't mind doing a deep dive to get to the middle of my bag stash.

My tote bags (shop bags, Pop Totes, and Trucks) are scattered through out the house because I use them for everything. Flip and Tumble bags are nested inside all the other bags (Side Kicks, Travel Cubelets, etc.) as emergency shop bags, when I'm not sure I'm going to shop or not. The TB shop bags are all stuffed in one TB shop bag and taken together when grocery shopping.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 12-26-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melminimalist View Post
    Do you find you use all the bags, or just a collection that has built up over time? Also, which two do you think get used the most?
    It's a collection I've built up over the last year or so. I got the S25 as a birthday present and have been hooked ever since. The result of not really having any hobbies other than travel...

The two bags I use the most are probably the A30 and the S25. The Brain Bag I just picked up last week and I LOVE it - probably will use it for a while. (I like to switch up my EDC bags mostly for fun. I picked up the WF for a business trip I took a few weeks ago but don't know how much I'll use it since I also picked up a Tri-Star and I think it fits my travel needs a bit better - looking forward to using that. The A45 I don't use and am attempting to re-home.