Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Opinions- Synapse 19 vs 25 Second Hand/Trade

Hello everyone,

I currently have a brand new s19 and a s25 in aubergine. I have to send one back and am still trying to decided which one... UGH- the struggle is so very real as everyone here has warned about.

I really would like a second bag in a different color (fingers crossed for original nordic) and have been obsessively scouring all the second hand sites I can think of. In a perfect world I would like a bag in both sizes. In your expert opinions, do you feel see more 19s or 25s sold/traded second hand?

Thanks in advance for helping this newbie out... and also thank you to those forum members who helped me get my TB colors straight!

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rogsim, there's no need to be amused at people trying to make a good decision. Some of us are maximizers and some are satisficers. It sounds like lcubed13 is a maximizer, it sounds like you're a satisficer, and both of those are fine ways to be.

(I tend toward being a maximizer myself, so I'm currently trying to figure out which are the best mixing bowls I can afford. If I were a satisficer I would just pick a set and buy it; I would probably be happier with my choice, and I'd certainly spend a lot less time at it, but I might end up with a set of bowls that went rusty or dented easily. I'm spending the extra time and research to get a set that's less likely to have those problems.)

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lcubed13 View Post

I currently have a brand new s19 and a s25 in aubergine. I have to send one back and am still trying to decided which one...

I really would like a second bag in a different color (fingers crossed for original nordic) and have been obsessively scouring all the second hand sites I can think of. In a perfect world I would like a bag in both sizes. In your expert opinions, do you feel see more 19s or 25s sold/traded second hand?
    If you still have both bags, I would suggest you do a test pack and walk around with it. Then ask yourself, "where will I be going with this bag?" Which one is more comfy and fits your body frame the best? Some forum members have said that if you are under 5'6", go for the S19.
    Which one fits all of your stuff better?
    Is the S25 too big and bulky to fit into the way you will use it?
    Is the S19 going to be too small and then you are stuck carrying a separate bag?

It sounds like you want one of both sizes eventually, so pick the size you like the best now and you are really are not out anything if you know you will get the other size eventually, in a different color that you prefer.

Regarding ebay: I see BOTH the S19 AND the S25 listed all the time. I do not use either bag (yet, lol), but I am constantly looking at ebay for other TB items and I always notice several of each listed when I am looking. It is really fun to see some of the older versions and what they look like, as I only found out about TB in 2016. Good luck with your purchase and let us know what you decide!
    Last edited by anna2222; 01-05-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    rogsim, there's no need to be amused at people trying to make a good decision. Some of us are maximizers and some are satisficers. It sounds like lcubed13 is a maximizer, it sounds like you're a satisficer, and both of those are fine ways to be.

(I tend toward being a maximizer myself, so I'm currently trying to figure out which are the best mixing bowls I can afford. If I were a satisficer I would just pick a set and buy it; I would probably be happier with my choice, and I'd certainly spend a lot less time at it, but I might end up with a set of bowls that went rusty or dented easily. I'm spending the extra time and research to get a set that's less likely to have those problems.)
    Labels aside, I wasn't disparaging anyone from making a decision between two very capable packs. It all boils down to what bag fits better and which is more suited to carry everything you need it to carry. I'll make a note not to be amused anymore at people trying to make a good decision. A thousand apologies. Thank you for setting me straight.
    Last edited by rogsim; 01-05-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your replies and insights. I am leaning toward keeping the s25 so I'll focus on the s19 second hand. I have found some perfect second hand bags only to find I am a day late and a dollar short to make the purchase!

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had no problem selling or trading ANY of my TB bags, big or small. It makes me comfortable buying TB bags, because I know I can rehome the ones that either don't work for me, or I won't use again.

The only problem is that colors may not always be available in the bag I want. So I've learned to get the color I want as soon as it shows up, because it might be discontinued later.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    rogsim, there's no need to be amused at people trying to make a good decision. Some of us are maximizers and some are satisficers.
    Interesting!
    I'm a maximizer in that I do an obsessive amount of research or hemming/hawing before committing to something, but a satisficer in that once the decision/purchase is made, it is what it is, no stressing after the fact, even if something better comes along.

I'm currently debating between backpacks myself...
    For the OP, I second packing up the bags, walking around your home, and seeing what feels right.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk