Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new Synapse... the zippers are very stiff

Especially the zipper of the main compartment operates very stiff. I wish it was more smooth and easy to operate one-handed. I wonder if it'll will loosen up over time? Or maybe anyone has experience with zipper wax/lubricant?

I added zipper pulls which does make it a bit easier to open, but it's still way too stiff for my liking.

Apart from this, the S25 GE is a great bag!

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, after few uses (~3 weekends) it became a little more smooth (or maybe I became used to it...)
    I read somewhere in the forum it will loosen up
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Kent, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my S25 yesterday actually and was wondering the same thing. It was also apparent on my second aid kit (it's absolutely fine now). But, after a few repeated zips it has gotten better, its nearly on par with my S19's smoothness which has been used for a few months now. I can't open the S19 one handed unless there is weight in the bag, I have yet to try with my S25 but as the zippers are bigger I doubt I'll be able to one hand it!

Forum Member
    lawrence ks
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have had mine for more than a year, i remember having that same thought about the zippers. at some point it became a non issue and mine work great one handed. never as smooth as a YKK #10 without rain guard but they will work in so you won't notice. just keep zipping.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although they do loosen up after awhile I prefer the way they come new to be honest. I like to know that someone else can’t open them easily without my knowledge when I’m carrying the bag.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased some zipper lubricant from Amazon and that helped a ton! I used it on my Aeronaut and Synapse. The zippers open with no trouble after using it. The only issue I've found is that the zippers feel a bit gummy now despite wiping off the excess lubricant and it makes my hands feel gummy whenever I zip up the bag.

Edit: Here is the link to what I bought...Star Brite Snap and Zipper Lubricant with PTEF https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014489WM..._uHGnCbFFWM8JP

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolegrl; 01-09-2019 at 06:43 AM.