Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luggage tag on Synapse

If you put a luggage tag on your Synapse, where do you attach it? This has always been my biggest dilemma –*I don't feel like there is a natural attachment point that doesn't get "in the way". Using a zipper pull isn't ideal, and I'm not a big fan of using the top handle because I don't want the luggage tag hitting me in the neck.

Looking for suggestions / hacks.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idbjorh View Post
    If you put a luggage tag on your Synapse, where do you attach it? This has always been my biggest dilemma –*I don't feel like there is a natural attachment point that doesn't get "in the way". Using a zipper pull isn't ideal, and I'm not a big fan of using the top handle because I don't want the luggage tag hitting me in the neck.

Looking for suggestions / hacks.
    Hi @idbjorh,

I'm assuming that you want to attach your luggage tag to the outside of the Synapse (although i have one of the slim older luggage tags that I attach to one of the O-rings at the top of the inside back wall of the Synapse; I'll excerpt the image that I saved from the internet and inserted in this post to show what these older luggage tags from 2012 looked like -- there's also a link to one of the luggage tag product pages via the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine -- and

Anyway, @ceepee has an old post in the 2017 wishlist thread that I referenced in another thread asking about ways of dealing with car keys. Those One-Tigris clips can attach to the webbing on your Synapse backpack straps and the attached D-ring can be rotated into multiple positions. That might work for you. I included a link to this product at (U.S.) Amazon that still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Meglet,

If you don't want the position of your carabiner attachment to the Small Cafe Bag webbing strap to shift, you can use one of the OneTigris clips that @ceepee mentioned in a reply post (#224) in the 2017 Wish List thread:

The usage case was for attaching an "O-ring" to the Synapse webbing, but these devices can also be rotated 90 degrees, or 45 degrees and click into a fixed position, if you want to attach to the webbing of your Cafe Bag, and not have the ring slide along the webbing, as a Carabiner would. Then just clip any keystrap onto the ring. Sorry I don't have a picture handy, but I tried this with a Cafe Bag.

Personally, I use a Mini Q-Kit to hold keys (and a small flashlight).

HTH

moriond
    moriond

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the light loop? It'd be slightly more out of the way.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Maybe the light loop? It'd be slightly more out of the way.
    Hi @Rocks,

Yes that's a possibliity, but since the light loop is the webbing at the very bottom (at the front) of the Synapse, having something that dangles from it could be annoying when you walk. There might be a way to hack this so that the luggage tag doesn't sit lower. I was assuming that this is being used with the current luggage tags.

moriond

Forum Member
    SF Bay Area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A note of caution for the ladies, and really for everyone: nametags that openly show your name, home address, contact info, etc. expose you to ne'er do wells. Only a nametag that completely covers that info is safe. I never use one that exposes my info.

Winnipeg, Canada
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you attach it to the loop for the waist strap? That’s where I attach things that I want handy but out of the way.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always put my luggage tags inside my bags. Tags on the outside get caught on things and expose my personal information to the world. Even covered luggage tags can be opened, especially if the bag is on your back and you can't feel what the person behind you is doing. Inside the bag, there are plenty of O-rings to choose from.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do put a luggage tag on the handle of my Synapse when I'm using it as luggage, but I arrange it so the luggage tag hangs down between the bag and my back so it isn't irritating my neck. YMMV.

I don't put my street address on luggage tags (no point in it since airlines don't deliver delayed luggage anymore!) but I do put my email address and phone number. Sure, a malicious person could cause me inconvenience with that info, but it doesn't clue them in that my house is empty.