Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Great review! I am anxiously waiting for a WF in blue or aubergine w/o wasabi.
    Ditto on the review appreciation AND color watch. As soon as I see one in Nordic/NWS or Nordic/UV, I'm buying it!

Hampshire, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zapato View Post
    How do you use the curved front pocket? I have a Tristar with the same pocket, but unless Iím bringing a water bottle, Iím not sure what to put there.
    I travelled by train today and found that a banana I bought as a snack fitted perfectly into the curved pocket! Who would have thought.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post
    I travelled by train today and found that a banana I bought as a snack fitted perfectly into the curved pocket! Who would have thought.
    Today I packed a banana inside a thick winter hat and laid it in the top of the main pocket of my Parental Unit. Though the PU is itself banana-shaped, it sadly lacks a dedicated banana pocket like the WF!

Forum Member
    Virginia, Paris, Berlin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Carolina: I really, really wish the WF had a double handle. I carry a coat or sweater between the two handles, especially in the airport. On the WF, I jury-rigged a black elastic cord between the two attachment points for the shoulder strap to hold a coat.

Forum Member
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you use the curved front pocket? I have a Tristar with the same pocket, but unless Iím bringing a water bottle, Iím not sure what to put there.
    I put a collapsible bottle there, along with the pocket stuff for TSA. Once I'm through security and get everything back into my pockets, there's more space for the water bottle to be full.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thrilled with my new-to-me Western Flyer! Some comparisons to Aeronaut 30

That pocket on my Tri-Star can hold a small folding umbrella. In winter time I might shift a down vest there -packed into an https://www.eaglecreek.com/shop/pack-itThrilled with my new-to-me Western Flyer! Some comparisons to Aeronaut 30-system/pack-it-specter-cube-xs-ec041151#hero=0Ē]Eagle Creek Specter II Quarter Packing Cube [/URL].

Sorry, I canít seem to embed the link for this product correctly at the Eagle Creek site. Hereís the link at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Creek-S.../dp/B005SKJ60M

(The vest packs down into a volume between a 3DOC and a Size 2 Travel Stuff Sack, and the smooth Sil-Nylon sides combined with a handle on top makes it easy to pull out from the pocket. If I donít think Iím going to need it when I disembark I can pop the packed cube back into right front zippered section of the Tri-Star just behind that pocket). I can also use that pocket to hold a very light windbreaker or rain jacket, folded/rolled up.

HTH

moriond

ETA: If you want to see the Eagle Creek Specter II Quarter Packing Cube compared to other accessories, such as the Side Effect, take a look at the pictures in this post, which was in response to a question about how to pack a big hoodie. The advice was to invest in a merino wool sweater instead, which keeps you warm with less bulk, and is also useful for traveling. The pictures showed how the sweater packed down into an EC Specter II Quarter Packing Cube (intermediate in size between the 1.5 liter Side Effect and the 1 liter 3DOC)
    Last edited by moriond; 02-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Today I packed a banana inside a thick winter hat and laid it in the top of the main pocket of my Parental Unit. Though the PU is itself banana-shaped, it sadly lacks a dedicated banana pocket like the WF!
    I love the idea of the curved pocket being a dedicated banana pocket!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2