Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With 525 ballistic colours in the SA, we will also have the option to attach matching coloured SE, SK and TC. I might need new SE and TC in new colours. Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run A girl can dream yah?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up, TB is completely out of the 1.5" single gatekeepers. They don't use them in current bags and have none left. @Matthew graciously checked for me this morning.

As mentioned previously though, the 1" single gatekeepers do work for attaching SE/TC, etc. to SA...it's just a bit more fiddly and sits the bag slightly differently.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Just a heads up, TB is completely out of the 1.5" single gatekeepers. They don't use them in current bags and have none left. @Matthew graciously checked for me this morning.

As mentioned previously though, the 1" single gatekeepers do work for attaching SE/TC, etc. to SA...it's just a bit more fiddly and sits the bag slightly differently.
    @G42,

I think they were already out of 1.5” long Single Gatekeeper clips by January 2018; see @Cristina’s thread titled: “1.5 Single gatekeeper or alternatives”
    https://forums.tombihn.com/not-about...ernatives.html

If you have older bags like the Brain Bag or Super Ego, it’s possible that the waist straps used 1.5” single gatekeeper clips. I know that among the smaller messanger bags you might actually carry, the ID Bag and the Ego had 1.5” waist straps, and that if you go back far enough— probably more than 8 years — these bags used 1.5” single Gatekeeper clips in their waist straps. Now all such waist straps use double gatekeeper clips. Earlier Cafe Bags, Ristrettos and Imagos used 1” Single Gatekeeper clips in their waist straps before switching to 1” Double Gatekeeper Clips.

It’s always possible that there might be a hidden stash found — I’m still flabbergasted that Darcy posted that they had some of the old style “Cheater D Rings” to allow older Messanger Bags use the Absolute Strap, because a number of forum users had been asking Customer Support about these for over 3 years without success (and I immediately posted one such example).

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @G42, @Cristina

So, I did a small web search after reading @G42's post (and reviving the issue of larger size Single Gatekeeper Clips). I found this Woojin Plastic site page:
    Woojin Plastic : Products

Don't know whether it's possible to order these, but they look like Single Gatekeeper Clips 1", 1.5", and 2"

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @G42, @Cristina

So, I did a small web search after reading @G42's post (and reviving the issue of larger size Single Gatekeeper Clips). I found this Woojin Plastic site page:
    Woojin Plastic : Products

Don't know whether it's possible to order these, but they look like Single Gatekeeper Clips 1", 1.5", and 2"

HTH

moriond
    @moriond, you continue to amaze me with your thread memory and mad search skills!

thanks so much!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hadn’t realized before, but just now, when I was reading the detailed description on the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch page (which, BTW, have all come back into stock), I saw “Woojin buckles and related components”. So maybe you can get larger Single Gatekeeper Clips from Woojin Plastic — if you don’t have to order in manufacturers’ supplies quantities.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Smart Alec in the new ballistic colours sounds dreamy. I have an Aubergine one and love it (looking at it now! joy being sparked!) but admit that the aubergine ballistic sparks much more joy than the black cordura. An all-ballistic version would be a veritable joy BONFIRE.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SA is my favorite TB bag. If thereís an all ballistic reboot, count me in too.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a recent Tom Bihn fanatic. The SA had been retired when I was first introduced to TB bags. I've seen so many good photos and reviews of the SA online. If ever there's a pre-order of the SA, I would not hesitate in a heartbeat..

Also, I would love to have a smaller SA, maybe 20 liters.

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderersaurus View Post
    I am a recent Tom Bihn fanatic. The SA had been retired when I was first introduced to TB bags. I've seen so many good photos and reviews of the SA online. If ever there's a pre-order of the SA, I would not hesitate in a heartbeat..

Also, I would love to have a smaller SA, maybe 20 liters.
    Oh my goodness, thatís something I can get onboard with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Aubergine SA is my favorite bag. If there was an all-aubergine 1050, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat. Black halcyon too.

I've been using a matching Side Effect as a top pocket/removable purse.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a slightly different direction than this thread intended, but what if the right side pocket of the SA opened into the main compartment of the bag, and the lid zipper opened into a pocket 2-3" deep? The left aside pocket would remain unchanged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me as another who’d buy an SA in a heartbeat.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In some way, the SA seems to be the backpack answer to the LSB.

It has surface capacity like the LSB and is a backpack, best of both worlds, it seems.

I don't have an SA, I don't know why, I think that most of its run were mostly in black with an highlight color, and I either missed the run in Nordic or the lining color was one I didn't like or, it corresponded to a time I had to buy other bags or it was not in the budget.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The men in my family prefers the big bucket hole design. They are not packing cube people. Nor Synapse compartment people. Just throw everything in, zip up and go.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast