Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

I have a black grid halcyon backpack with Island interior (not for sale, sorry!). Itís amazing, itís a jack of all trades kinda bag. When I first came to TB I got an s25 and that was the perfect bag for me for years. But, as I got more into TB accessories, pouches, and cubes I realized my travel style had changed and I organized by those rather than by using the s25ís built in storage. When I went to Montreal and realized I only had put things in the large interior and the front lower pocket, I knew that a switch to a more cavernous bag was needed. Luckily I found someone to swap my s25 for their smart alec. I do, however, miss a smaller backpack on occasions. The smart alec is not so great (for me anyways) for short weekend trips. May be looking at a DLBP, in the future for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've changed my mind about the 525 ballistic, I have got used to the sheen of my DLBP, so am putting my order in for an all ballistic smart Alec please
    All black would be a great travel bag.....

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone bought a black SA with Solar interior on FB group before I even saw the post. Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec run Can TB just make a run of SA to end my misery?!?!?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím in for a few of these beauties. Seems like such a shame they retired it when itís so loved.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunzi61 View Post
    I’m in for a few of these beauties. Seems like such a shame they retired it when it’s so loved.

Welcome to the Forums @sunzi61!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been reading your posts/feedback here and I'm just now getting a chance to respond!

I updated the Smart Alec page so that anyone who is interested can sign up to be notified via email if we ever decide to make another production run of Smart Alecs. That said, if we did choose to make another production run, it wouldn't be anywhere near very soon at all because our production schedule is solidly booked for the next while.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We've been reading your posts/feedback here and I'm just now getting a chance to respond!

I updated the Smart Alec page so that anyone who is interested can sign up to be notified via email if we ever decide to make another production run of Smart Alecs. That said, if we did choose to make another production run, it wouldn't be anywhere near very soon at all because our production schedule is solidly booked for the next while.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post

Already done it Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But still possible...Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

"Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thatís nice that itís under consideration. Iíd guess that it wouldnít be at the old price of $190 but something closer to all the new updated bag prices?

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run-ex0rqf4-jpg
    Registered!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please! I want one too! Signed up!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not my listing, but there's a black SA on eBay US right now
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously? $305? Come on.... TB pls plan a production run already. Every SA on FB or ebay gets sold, and the enthusiasm has been over-zealous in the recent ebay bidding. (grumble grumble....more mutterings under my breath)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Seriously? $305? Come on.... TB pls plan a production run already. Every SA on FB or ebay gets sold, and the enthusiasm has been over-zealous in the recent ebay bidding. (grumble grumble....more mutterings under my breath)

Actually I thought that was a very good price for a Smart Alec in excellent condition and with both matching modular pockets. It is only $35 more than what it cost originally. After I bought my original halcyon SA, I had to wait quite a while before TB did their last batch of modular pockets in that fabric. In fact, there were several of us who were holding their breath that we would ever get the matching pockets.

I missed the announcement, so can you tell us when TB said they are doing another round of Smart Alecs? Iíve read that we can sign up in case they decide to make them in the future but didnít know it is a sure thing. I would like to get one in Nordic before that fabric is discontinued.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast