Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

I've asked for this in the wish list, but I think the Smart Alec deserves a post of it's own. It would be great if TB can schedule a pre-order of SA with UMP and LMP options into their production. Many fans out there still, especially ones who are looking for matching UMP/LMP!

Please please please with sugar on top?

Comment on this post with what you want (e.g. colour, UMP or LMP or all 3) so TB really knows how much we want this!

P.s. Did you know it fits a full face motorcycle helmet?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be cool to have them made in full 525 ballistic colours? Burnt orange, aubergine, mars red, nebulous gray, cloud Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec run Oh my....

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great!!! Nordic halcyon !!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about a Guide's Edition Smart Alec? With 525 ballistic and coyote trimmings.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UMP in black dark grid halcyon Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

To be honest I'd probably buy a ballistic one with UMP as well if it was offered in original 1050 ballistic (don't like 525, too shiny)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they did a run of these in 525 or Parapack (my personal fave!), I'd be reallllllly tempted. I already have a SA that is my everyday carry but the black cordura attracts grime and hair in an almost supernatural way... Burnt Orange 525? Olive Parapack?! TAKE MY MONEY! PLEASE!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be in for the SA and both modular pockets. Black Halcyon please!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be very likely to buy one, along with a matching LMP and UMP! I recently got a used Smart Alec and I'm enjoying it a lot, but it has two things that aren't quite perfect: it's an older model that doesn't have the loops for attaching an Upper Modular Pocket, and it's partly made of Cordura. I'd be very tempted by one that had the loops for the UMP and didn't have any Cordura in it (because of how it picks up cat hair).

What color is a hard question, though. I'm pretty sure it would be one of these: Black Halcyon/Island, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Aubergine/NWS or Island, Burnt Orange/NWS or UV, Cloud/Viridian, Nebulous/Island, Steel/Island, Mars Red/Cloud or NWS... But that doesn't narrow it down much.

Daydreaming about how I would use it, I think if I had a Smart Alec with a UMP I'd use it for travel. I'd keep my existing SA for grocery runs, because I do love its colors of Steel/Solar. For travel I think I'd use the hypothetical new SA with a Co-Pilot in a matching or coordinating color. (And I would do my best not to let it tempt me into getting a new Co-Pilot to go with it! I have three Co-Pilots already, and I think that's enough.)

All of this is to say: I don't neeeed another Smart Alec, but I would enjoy having another one and would be very likely to buy one if they were available for a new limited run.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me Me!
    I've been wanting a Smart Alec with both UMP & LMP...

I love Aubergine, Viridian, Verde, Forest, Dawn, Nebulous, Black (Original or Black Halcyon, black ballistic or cordura?)

and BRIGHT insides so you can SEE

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please please please PLEASE PLEASE bring back the Smart Alec, if only for a pre-order run!!!! I have tried (and returned) many different bags from TB that didn't quite fit my needs, but the second I received my Smart Alec (new nordic/NWS) it was love at first sight. I absolutely love everything about the bag and have it hanging next to my bed so I look at it every day and it "sparks insane levels of joy". I even managed to score my preferred Aubergine UMP I had dreamt about pairing it with and am so happy. My only problem? Since I can't replace it I'm too afraid to use it for anything that might cause wear, such as hiking. Also, I will soon be moving abroad to an area with a high percentage of pickpockets and bag snatchers (and if you resist they can get extremely violent) and although I sooo want to take my SA as it is PERFECT for public transportation with its minimal exterior pockets, I'm terrified of something happening to it and/or having to hand it over and losing it forever. Therefore, I need a backup (or maybe two so I don't have to fear losing the first backup as much!). I was going to buy a used one on eBay in ballistic until I found out it also has cordura... with three pets that love to lay on my bags, no thanks!

So my dream pre-order run would include the original 1050 ballistic colors in the middle, but replace the black cordura with the black 525 on the sides (black 525 looks awesome on my boyfriend's synapse so I would be very happy with this option!). That is my preference, but I would also be okay with the bag in all 525 fabric (just slightly less durable I imagine). If these don't happen then I would go with dark grid black halcyon, which would look awesome but I'd worry more about its 'slash-resistance'.

I would definitely want the option for an UMP, although maybe to make it a bit easier they could just do black 525 and dark grid black and nordic halcyon so that they don't have to do as many different colors.
    I don't care at all for the appearance of the LMP and cannot see myself buying one, but it would be nice to offer for those that want it.

If the bag were to come back permanently (as it should!), then I would ask for a slight change in the attachment points for the UMP. It was almost impossible to install mine with all those gatekeeper clips.
    Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run-img_7577-jpg
    Our two bags ready for their first international flight!

Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run-img_8331-jpg
    Chillin' in the hotel suite!

Forum Member
    London
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've a smart alec in black ballistic that I adore, and would buy the ump and lml in the same material in a heartbeat

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Me Me!
    I've been wanting a Smart Alec with both UMP & LMP...

I love Aubergine, Viridian, Verde, Forest, Dawn, Nebulous, Black (Original or Black Halcyon, black ballistic or cordura?)

and BRIGHT insides so you can SEE
    It would look SO SHARP in Nebulous!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just sold mine, and there was a lot of interest. People are always looking for this bag. I think another run would help a lot of folks out.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 02-01-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    UMP in black dark grid halcyon Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

To be honest I'd probably buy a ballistic one with UMP as well if it was offered in original 1050 ballistic (don't like 525, too shiny)

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I also find 525 more shiny. Hence, Im looking for Cordura DLBC.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 100% support a mars red coyote GE Lobby for pre-order Smart Alec runLobby for pre-order Smart Alec run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast