Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in colors Dawn and Coyote has temporarily sold out. We're already making two more production runs and expect Dawn, Coyote, and any other colors that might sell out to be back in-stock this Friday 03/01.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Your poor card! Mine sympathizes, but there is so much I'm excited about in this release. What are you ordering?

I just placed my order and it isn't *quite* as hard on my credit card as I expected, because my sweetie decided that the Original Large Shop Bags I'm ordering will be a present to me from him. <3
    The real issue is that I just don't know which L15 I want. At last count, I had narrowed it down to fewer than half of the available colorways, which is progress Thank you TB Return Policy.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    The real issue is that I just don't know which L15 I want. At last count, I had narrowed it down to fewer than half of the available colorways, which is progress Thank you TB Return Policy.
    Progress indeed! (And here I thought you'd have jumped on the Burnt Orange one.)

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in colors Dawn and Coyote has temporarily sold out. We're already making two more production runs and expect Dawn, Coyote, and any other colors that might sell out to be back in-stock this Friday 03/01.
    Darcy, I was just noticing that the mini and small Ghost Whale pouches aren't listed in Mars Red. Are those sold out already too, or is it not available in that color in those sizes? I hadn't looked at that color earlier, but then someone mentioned using a GWP for a first aid kit...

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darcy, I was just noticing that the mini and small Ghost Whale pouches aren't listed in Mars Red. Are those sold out already too, or is it not available in that color in those sizes? I hadn't looked at that color earlier, but then someone mentioned using a GWP for a first aid kit...
    I am inferring sold out. I wanted a mini Mars GWP (but they were gone), but did get a Small - so I can only assume the Mini Mars was there earlier too.

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress indeed! (And here I thought you'd have jumped on the Burnt Orange one.)
    Oh, I did. That was one of the three I "settled" on, along with Aubergine/Coyote and Nebulous/Island. Oh, the humanity.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son wanted another zip top shop bag so I sent him to the website to look at the new options. He thought they looked weird without the white grid. Until he saw Dawn! Happy birthday kiddo!

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mini GWOPs weren't listed in Mars Red last night, either, so that's isn't a development since they went in sale.

Anybody else pronouncing it 'gwop' in their head now?

As in, "I ordered 4 GWOPs: a mini, 2 smalls, and an A5, all in colors I've never owned before. At approximately 10:04."

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre ordered small zip top shop bags in coyote and viridian Luminary + 210 Ballistic Shop Bags Pre-Order &amp; News Thread plus a mini ghost whale in burnt orange.

Recently, I have been finding the black ballistic small zip top shop bag very useful as a handbag for meetings/workshops so I have also ordered a grey pop tote to try out.

All I need now is for the daylight backpack to become available in burnt orange and my life will be complete Luminary + 210 Ballistic Shop Bags Pre-Order &amp; News Thread

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post
    Yep, me too. (Though two of the Dawn shop bags are for my mom.) In addition to the enormous ZTSB pre-order, I ordered two mini GWOPs for immediate shipping - one in Island for my misc purse items (currently in a mini COP), and one in Nebulous that should perfection fit the larger of my Anker battery packs (currently in a small Q-Kit).
    Thanks for mentioning the Anker battery packs! My sweetie uses an Anker battery pack, so your post gave me the idea to give him a Ghost Whale Pouch for it. (The pouch itself won't be a surprise to him when it comes, because I ran the idea by him first to see if he'd like to have one--but the color will be a surprise.)

Forum Member
    austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just placed an order filled with colors i've never owned before (and actually have never seen in person before!): an L12 in nebulous/dawn, and three GWs... A5 in nebulous, small in dawn, and mini in aubergine. can't wait to try them all out!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what happened, but I placed an all-Shop Bags pre-order! Thought for sure this would be the day I ordered a Luminary, but I had to make the tradeoff in favor of the items that are retiring.

I ordered LSBs in Grass and Viridian - both original and zip flavors. The idea being that I can do all-TB grocery expeditions, and since I love green but don't wear it, I won't be tempted to use these SBs for anything besides groceries! (Because invariably my other multipurpose SBs are always full of non-groceries whenever I am about to head to the store.)

And, I ordered small zip-top SBs to use as packing cubes. I realized last week on a family trip that the small SBs work really well when I share a bag with other family members. I can pack the SB in one room, then carry it by the handle to wherever the shared suitcase is - and the zipper keeps my stuff separate from everyone else's! Plus, the SSB size is a good upper limit for 1-2 days' worth of clothing. (For some reason I can never keep track of my actual packing cubes - they get "borrowed" by someone, or they get tossed in a box or drawer and I can never find them. But colorful, useful TB Shop Bags, with handles - those I can find!!) And then at our destination I have a Shop Bag - or three - to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Just confirming what everyone has answered here @pammy -- and man, I hear you about the too-much-rolling-around-in-the-brain and I hope what I've outlined below makes sense!

PCSBs (Packing Cube Shoulder Bags) = will be offered in 210d ballistic from now on. Cloud is not currently an option, but may be in the future if it is requested.

Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags = we are waiting to see how popular these are in 210d ballistic before deciding whether to make them a part of the permanent lineup. That said, I think it's pretty likely we will make them a part of the permanent lineup.... they look so good! This may mean, however, that in the long run we won't offer the full array of 200d Halcyon and 210d ballistic options, but rather select colors of each fabric (just so the number of options are manageable on the production/internal logistics side of things).

Large Original Shop Bag = This one is retiring, so the pre-order is the last chance to order it in 210d ballistic or 200d halcyon. We might bring it back for the occasional production run, but only if there's real interest -- the last time we offered the Small Original Shop Bag it just wasn't that popular.

Note: Viridian and Grass are two colors that will retire someday (not anytime soon) so eventually they won't be available in PCSBs or Shop Bags.

I hope this helps with planning and if there's anything else we can clarify, do let me know.

No Cloud planned, at least for the time being.
    Last edited by haraya; 02-26-2019 at 12:42 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    I am inferring sold out. I wanted a mini Mars GWP (but they were gone), but did get a Small - so I can only assume the Mini Mars was there earlier too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Mini GWOPs weren't listed in Mars Red last night, either, so that's isn't a development since they went in sale.

As in, "I ordered 4 GWOPs: a mini, 2 smalls, and an A5, all in colors I've never owned before. At approximately 10:04."
    OK, this is all sorted out now: Mini GWOP (love that) in Mars must've disappeared at some point and it's back now. Many apologies to anyone who wanted to order that one but didn't see it earlier: please emailus@tombihn.com if you want help changing your order. Small in Mars did sell out / will be back in-stock tomorrow.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew, some quick sellouts on the Ghost Whales!

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post

I just said "gwop" out loud and it sounded like the beginning of one of the few Spanish words I know: guapo/guapa (good-looking). The good-looking Ghost Whale Pouch!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast