Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, I think of it more as "gee-whop"... like doo-wop!

Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Anybody else pronouncing it 'gwop' in their head now?

As in, "I ordered 4 GWOPs: a mini, 2 smalls, and an A5, all in colors I've never owned before. At approximately 10:04."

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kept refreshing the page at 10am on the dot. Although I wouldn’t mind a GWOP in another color (was able to get one as a forum gift), my white whale was the Luminary, which I score in NG/Island...another Valentine’s gift for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

London, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done that thing where I've panicked and ordered a Luminary 15 in both Nebulous Grey and Cloud because for the life of me I can not work out which I would prefer better in person. If anyone has any photos of full size bags in these 2 colours next to each other, can you tag me please!

Now if they arrive and I love them both equally I am in BIG trouble...

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sageeyes View Post
    I've done that thing where I've panicked and ordered a Luminary 15 in both Nebulous Grey and Cloud because for the life of me I can not work out which I would prefer better in person. If anyone has any photos of full size bags in these 2 colours next to each other, can you tag me please!

i ALMOST did this but then realized that, as I already have a DLBP in cloud, hubby won't notice a new bag if it's the same color...
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caved and placed another order with two GWOPs: a small one in black mesh, plus an A5 in Aubergine. I plan to use the big one in my Aubergine SCB to keep my notebooks and papers separated from lunch and waterbottle. No clear use for the mesh GWOP yet...

(I already own a small GWOP in Dawn which moves from bag to bag with use, I really like it.)
    Last edited by b1gsky; 02-26-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Thanks for mentioning the Anker battery packs! My sweetie uses an Anker battery pack, so your post gave me the idea to give him a Ghost Whale Pouch for it. (The pouch itself won't be a surprise to him when it comes, because I ran the idea by him first to see if he'd like to have one--but the color will be a surprise.)
    I tested it with my forum gift when our power went out last night, and it was great with the cable sticking out of the top. Just a little too tall though, so the mini should be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    And, I ordered small zip-top SBs to use as packing cubes. I realized last week on a family trip that the small SBs work really well when I share a bag with other family members. I can pack the SB in one room, then carry it by the handle to wherever the shared suitcase is, and the zipper keeps my stuff separate from everyone else's! Plus, the SSB size is a good upper limit for 1-2 days' worth of clothing. (For some reason I can never keep track of my actual packing cubes - they get "borrowed" by someone, or they get tossed in a box or drawer and I can never find them. But colorful, useful TB Shop Bags, with handles - those I can find!!) And then at our destination I have a Shop Bag - or three - to use.
    That’s a really interesting idea! A lot of my travel is with my daughter and husband in a shared larger suitcase, and this might be easier than multiple packing cubes to corral my clothing and my daughter’s clothing (husband ‘s will be easier to leave loose). I might have to add a small ZTSB in Grass...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    >husband's will be easier to leave loose

Exactly. My husband doesn't get the packing-cube idea, but he rummages through the whole suitcase when he's looking for something, so everything gets jumbled together. And my 10yo doesn't care (yet), but right now his clothing is distinctly a different size than everyone else's, so it's easy to tell apart. (The 14yo is the one who commandeered my packing cubes, because she liked "my" color better.:eyeroll: ) Eventually, though, I could see color-coding multiple ZTSBs so that we can sort by family member. (or, more likely, the kids start going on their own vacations and we wont have this shared-bag issue, haha!)

ETA: While I'm thinking about it - the Small Zip-top Shop Bag is staying in the lineup, right? It's just the Original Small SB that was retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by teresapoet View Post
    >>And, I ordered small zip-top SBs to use as packing cubes.

That’s a really interesting idea! A lot of my travel is with my daughter and husband in a shared larger suitcase, and this might be easier than multiple packing cubes to corral my clothing and my daughter’s clothing (husband ‘s will be easier to leave loose). I might have to add a small ZTSB in Grass...
    Last edited by haraya; 02-26-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya;171636[B
    ETA:[/B] While I'm thinking about it - the Small Zip-top Shop Bag is staying in the lineup, right? It's just the Original Small SB that was retiring?
    Yes, the Small Zippered Shop Bag is here to stay, at least for now. However, the Original Small Shop Bag was officially retired after it's last run. And the Original Large Shop Bag is retiring after this run. I'm glad it's going out with a bang with so many great ballistic colors.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Thought for sure this would be the day I ordered a Luminary.
    This is me too! I ended up buying shop bags, both sizes, zippered and original, and PCSBs and GWs. Up until 10 minutes before the debut, I was positive I was going to buy an L15, but then I was reading @tuskegee7294 comment “I don’t need three packs that are similar in size…feels like overkill.” And I thought, huh, I have more than one S19 and DLBP. Would the L15 be too similar to those backpacks? I started to overthink this. Then I was plagued by the dreaded analysis paralysis. So now I am back to thinking after I see more real world experience with the Luminary 15, I will pull the trigger. Oh, the ordering angst.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    This is me too! I ended up buying shop bags, both sizes, zippered and original, and PCSBs and GWs. Up until 10 minutes before the debut, I was positive I was going to buy an L15, but then I was reading @tuskegee7294 comment “I don’t need three packs that are similar in size…feels like overkill.” And I thought, huh, I have more than one S19 and DLBP. Would the L15 be too similar to those backpacks? I started to overthink this. Then I was plagued by the dreaded analysis paralysis. So now I am back to thinking after I see more real world experience with the Luminary 15, I will pull the trigger. Oh, the ordering angst.
    Sounds like me to a tee. I have 2 DLBP and those are 16.5 liters and the L15 is only 1.5 liters less. Since the L12 now has bigger pockets for the bigger phones I’m good (that was the only problem I had with the original Luminary).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sageeyes View Post

My L15 is Cloud and my S19 is Nebulous -- I LOVE Nebulous, and I was afraid Cloud would be too pale, but it has a silvery richness that's beautiful. Photos won't really give you the full impact to know for sure which is your dream bag, but the good news is you can't go wrong either way.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much having to sit on my hands not to order another OLSB before it goes away...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I just said "gwop" out loud and it sounded like the beginning of one of the few Spanish words I know: guapo/guapa (good-looking). The good-looking Ghost Whale Pouch!
    That's what I thought, too! GWOP-oh.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t decide between the L12 and L15 so I guess I’ll get one of each and keep the one I like more. I need a very minimal bag for days when I’m out and about but not carrying too much (I’m either traveling in my S25 or running around town in an Aer sling and wishing I had a Luminary). L12 sounds perfect but...

I’m 6ft tall and the L15 is a better fit, though larger than I need I suspect. Any tall folks rocking the original Luminary?

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onebag View Post
    Can’t decide between the L12 and L15 so I guess I’ll get one of each and keep the one I like more. I need a very minimal bag for days when I’m out and about but not carrying too much (I’m either traveling in my S25 or running around town in an Aer sling and wishing I had a Luminary). L12 sounds perfect but...

I’m 6ft tall and the L15 is a better fit, though larger than I need I suspect. Any tall folks rocking the original Luminary?
    I'm 5'11" and not particularly thin, and the original Luminary felt small to miniature on me (hence being very excited to try out the L15).

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast