Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have multiple bags in this size range (DLBP, PCBP, ++S19) and even though I think the Luminary is adorable, in practice I think S19 is really the smallest backpack I use regularly. (I have smaller non-TB backpacks and more often than not, I carry my Little Swift if I'm dropping much below the capacity of the S19.) If anything - I'm feeling like I need to try an S25. :O

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    This is me too! I ended up buying shop bags, both sizes, zippered and original, and PCSBs and GWs. Up until 10 minutes before the debut, I was positive I was going to buy an L15, but then I was reading @tuskegee7294 comment “I don’t need three packs that are similar in size…feels like overkill.” And I thought, huh, I have more than one S19 and DLBP. Would the L15 be too similar to those backpacks? I started to overthink this. Then I was plagued by the dreaded analysis paralysis. So now I am back to thinking after I see more real world experience with the Luminary 15, I will pull the trigger. Oh, the ordering angst.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onebag View Post
    Canít decide between the L12 and L15 so I guess Iíll get one of each and keep the one I like more. I need a very minimal bag for days when Iím out and about but not carrying too much (Iím either traveling in my S25 or running around town in an Aer sling and wishing I had a Luminary). L12 sounds perfect but...

Iím 6ft tall and the L15 is a better fit, though larger than I need I suspect. Any tall folks rocking the original Luminary?
    I'm 5'7" and the L12 looks good on me size-wise but the straps don't sit right on my shoulders. The inside edge of each strap doesn't touch my body, only the outside edge. I believe this may be because I am kind of narrow on top. The L15 is a better fit for me, straps-wise.

At your height I would guess the L15 would both look and fit better than the L12. But if you're willing to get both and return one, please let us know how it works out for you!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that they're on preorder, but I'm still thinking about adding a Truck to my pending order. I can't seem to find previous discussions on 210 vs 525 ballistic for the Trucks... anyone want to share why they prefer one over the other? - I have an Alphaviolet Truck, which I like, and am debating whether I want to try one in 210. Any scenarios in which the 210d shines over the 525d?

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Not that they're on preorder, but I'm still thinking about adding a Truck to my pending order. I can't seem to find previous discussions on 210 vs 525 ballistic for the Trucks... anyone want to share why they prefer one over the other? - I have an Alphaviolet Truck, which I like, and am debating whether I want to try one in 210. Any scenarios in which the 210d shines over the 525d?
    I have 2 of them in 525, nebulous and aubergine. I chose the 525 over the 210 because of the dark color and because the 525 stands up. I don't have any of the 210's and while I love those colors, I did not order any of them because I could see them getting dirty and because I kind of figured they would be all floppy when I was trying to fill them. I use mine for carrying groceries, and I don't use ANY throw away plastic bags in the grocery, so all of my fruits/veggies go raw into the truck. They can get pretty messy and need to be wiped out, and the darker, sturdier versions just seemed like a better choice.

I could see using the 210's for crafting bags where contents are a bit tidier

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, thanks for sharing! That was kind of what I figured about the 210. I did order an LSB in 210 this time so that will probably fill my need for a lighter-weight tote. I vaguely recall someone saying that the pro of a 210d Truck is that the material is slightly less opaque (maybe?), but since it's an open-top bag, that doesn't seem to be as much of a concern.

(I do love the word play of "Dawn Truck," though! I guess I'll just have to be content with my Alpha Truck... "my Alpha Truck can take on your Dawn Truck, any day!!" Big Grin Big Grin)

Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    I have 2 of them in 525, nebulous and aubergine. I chose the 525 over the 210 because of the dark color and because the 525 stands up. I don't have any of the 210's and while I love those colors, I did not order any of them because I could see them getting dirty and because I kind of figured they would be all floppy when I was trying to fill them. I use mine for carrying groceries, and I don't use ANY throw away plastic bags in the grocery, so all of my fruits/veggies go raw into the truck. They can get pretty messy and need to be wiped out, and the darker, sturdier versions just seemed like a better choice.

I could see using the 210's for crafting bags where contents are a bit tidier

Forum Member
    Pollock Pines, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    525 is perfect for heavy duty use, but the 210 is really nice for Edc use. It just has a lightness, a drape and give to the fabric that makes it an easy carry. I pictured it as a big square easter basket that would be awkward to carry into work but in the 210 anyway it is definitely not. If it's not stuffed it can take a smaller shape under your arm. And it folds up more easily.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several folks (waves at @bweaves) have mentioned liking the 210 inside the house and 525 for outside/more robust use and I concur.

One thing to note - TB also seems to consider the 525 the more logical material so they've said that this may be the last 210 run (which is why it was a pre-order). So if you're even remotely interested, you should consider checking it out now.

HTH
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for asking this! I've considered getting a truck to use as a laundry basket with built in sorting. But I can't imagine 210 would have an advantage over 525, especially because I'd be dropping it on the ground while I hang clothes on the line.

I'd like to experiment by using my Nebulous truck for laundry a few times, but it's full of equestrian gear, all muddy and stinky, so it would be a hasslefull project. If anybody has comparisons, I'd love to know.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have three 210 ballistic Trucks and they are very hardy and stand up on their own. The light colors and translucent quality of the 109 ballistic means I can find things in them better.

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything - I'm feeling like I need to try an S25. :O
    You really should try an S25 Big Grin
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Thanks for asking this! I've considered getting a truck to use as a laundry basket with built in sorting. But I can't imagine 210 would have an advantage over 525, especially because I'd be dropping it on the ground while I hang clothes on the line.

I'd like to experiment by using my Nebulous truck for laundry a few times, but it's full of equestrian gear, all muddy and stinky, so it would be a hasslefull project. If anybody has comparisons, I'd love to know.
    I would say use the heavier Ballistic 525, because you will be dropping in on the ground.

I sort my clean and dry laundry, to transport from one room into another, into the Dawn Truck which is Ballistic 210, it works fine.

I have other items in Ballistic 525, if I get a Truck to be used outdoors and/or in the car, it will be Ballistic 525. The sides are sure to stay up, even if it has to bear with a not so gentle treatment, like plopping picnic stuff very fast into it, because a storm is coming.
    Last edited by backpack; 02-28-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, yes, but in a few months, after my Paypal tree has recovered from this preorder! (Darcy - any chance of a Guide's Edition S25 preorder after, say, May? Smilie)

Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    You really should try an S25 Big Grin

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, hence my dilemma!! But Dawn is the main color I'm looking at and I may have OD'd on Dawn in this preorder so.... Big Grin Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    they've said that this may be the last 210 run (which is why it was a pre-order). So if you're even remotely interested, you should consider checking it out now.

HTH

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, hence my dilemma!! But Dawn is the main color I'm looking at and I may have OD'd on Dawn in this preorder so.... Big Grin Big Grin
    I don't think that's actually possible!
    Get a Nebulous and a Dawn (because they look so cool together) and then decide...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I'm 5'7" and the L12 looks good on me size-wise but the straps don't sit right on my shoulders. The inside edge of each strap doesn't touch my body, only the outside edge. I believe this may be because I am kind of narrow on top. The L15 is a better fit for me, straps-wise.

At your height I would guess the L15 would both look and fit better than the L12. But if you're willing to get both and return one, please let us know how it works out for you!
    I am 5'8" but with a short torso, so the Original Luminary fits me best.

I do think this is one bag when ordering both sizes, trying them on and, returning the unsuitable one, is a solution.

There is, however, the risk that you have the exact body shape which fits perfectly, both sizes of the Luminary.

So, order your 2 favorite color pairs, and use one of the bag as your birthday gift, even if said birthday just happened or is at the end of the year.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast