Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I hadn't seen this thread...PCSB in grass....just take my money....

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the 210 Coyote the same color as the 1050 Coyote? I've seen a lot of older pictures where I really like the look of Coyote (especially with some black added in trim, zippers or shoulder strap), but your pics of the Truck and Shop bag in 210 Coyote look very "mustard yellow" on my screen.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Is the 210 Coyote the same color as the 1050 Coyote? I've seen a lot of older pictures where I really like the look of Coyote (especially with some black added in trim, zippers or shoulder strap), but your pics of the Truck and Shop bag in 210 Coyote look very "mustard yellow" on my screen.
    The inherent reflectivity of the ballistic fabric seems to make some of the colors difficult to capture-- e.g. the viridian looks like mylanta in some of the site photos, but in person it is rich and jewel-like. You can request a sample of the fabric from customer service to be sure.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @b1gsky,

The color balance in the shots of 210d Ballistic Shopbag in Coyote taken under the factory floor lights makes it look more “mustard yellow” on my screen, too, than the Coyote is in real life — I have one of the new 210d Coyote 3D Organizer Cubes for reference. @G42 posted some pictures of the 3DOCs she received 4 days ago in the Your Photos are Needed thread, but the shot taken of the Coyote 3DOC was an unboxing pic with that accessory at the back of the box, so shadowing makes it look darker:

You can see that it is not mustard yellow, however. When you look at 1050d Ballistic Nylon you see the texture of the fibers: the tops of the fibers are more reflective. Going to smaller Ballistic Nylon fibers (525d and then 210d), the contrast in reflectivity between the tops of the fiber and the “valleys” in the weave is reduced, so the overall impression is between the brightest peaks and the darkest valleys of the 1050d fabric. Overall, it’s going to look slightly darker (more matte?) than the 1050d version, viewed straight on. (This is also true for Aubergine, going from 1050d to 525d, but the effect is less pronounced). I think this color is difficult to photograph well. You might check @maverick’s video of Nik’s minimalist wallets. At the start, and then in more detail halfway through, he shows one of the Wallets in 210d Coyote. I thought those colors were pretty accurate.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy,
    Thank you, I don't think we can thank you (and all TB crew) enough for sharing so much information, once again I love the fact you share the inside process x)
    And yes Viridian color it's hard to capture (I love this color)

@Moriond,
    The perfect gif xD
    just a newly Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @b1gsky,

The color balance in the shots of 210d Ballistic Shopbag in Coyote taken under the factory floor lights makes it look more “mustard yellow” on my screen, too, than the Coyote is in real life — I have one of the new 210d Coyote 3D Organizer Cubes for reference. @G42 posted some pictures of the 3DOCs she received 4 days ago in the Your Photos are Needed thread, but the shot taken of the Coyote 3DOC was an unboxing pic with that accessory at the back of the box, so shadowing makes it look darker [...]

You can see that it is not mustard yellow, however. When you look at 1050d Ballistic Nylon you see the texture of the fibers: the tops of the fibers are more reflective. Going to smaller Ballistic Nylon fibers (525d and then 210d), the contrast in reflectivity between the tops of the fiber and the “valleys” in the weave is reduced, so the overall impression is between the brightest peaks and the darkest valleys of the 1050d fabric. Overall, it’s going to look slightly darker (more matte?) than the 1050d version, viewed straight on. (This is also true for Aubergine, going from 1050d to 525d, but the effect is less pronounced). I think this color is difficult to photograph well. You might check @maverick’s video of Nik’s minimalist wallets. At the start, and then in more detail halfway through, he shows one of the Wallets in 210d Coyote. I thought those colors were pretty accurate.

HTH

moriond
    Thanks moriond! You’re right, in the pic you posted and Maverick’s video it looks more like a caramel brown than a mustard yellow. It looks really lovely, but I think the color is probably too warm to work well in my wardrobe. I think I’ll probably stick to Coyote in small doses only.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn PCSB was already on my list
    I had my mind all made up that I'd limit myself to one pcsb, in viridian. And then they posted that Dawn photo. Soooo pretty!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now to play the waiting game.
    I'm so bad at this game!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of us around Seattle have gotten about 7-8" of snow so far. And the forecast predicts we could have an accumulated total of 16" by Tuesday PM!

Our photographers Jenny and Joe sent this photo from this morning -- a grocery run in the snow with the Small Zip-Top in Grass and Large Zip-Top in Island:

Luminary + 210 Ballistic Shop Bags Pre-Order & News Thread-small-large-zip-jpg

@Riverdaughter and @moriond are right on about Coyote. The photo I posted makes it look too mustard-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    @Darcy,
    Thank you, I don't think we can thank you (and all TB crew) enough for sharing so much information, once again I love the fact you share the inside process x)
    And yes Viridian color it's hard to capture (I love this color)
    I am glad you liked the post! Maybe we'll do another PPB process post for the next new design we plan to debut...
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Luminary + 210 Ballistic Shop Bags Pre-Order & News Thread-small-large-zip-jpg
    Oh, my, those are lovely. So excited for them!

When the 3DOCs weren't available in Island or Cloud, I didn't expect them to be available in the other bags, so that's just making the decision even harder! Wow would an Island shop bag be amazing...

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alphaviolet is generally not my purple, so I'm surprised how much I like it with the Island interior in the new photo on the Luminary 12 page! And I'm very happy to see the new Burnt Orange. I like Mars Red a lot too, but Burnt Orange goes with more of my other TB bags.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the way the split zipper is finished in this updated version. Has the top handle changed?
    Luminary with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Love the way the split zipper is finished in this updated version. Has the top handle changed?
    Hi @Traveltech,

Yes, instead of the ribbed and stitched over webbing that was used for the original Luminary, the current version uses the same satiny fabric as used for the Cafe Bag and Side Kick straps, and is just a single thickness loop.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been going back and forth on getting a Side Kick for a while, but that pic makes me think that maybe what I really want is a nice Dawn PCSB. The slightly larger size might outweigh the lack of organization, which is actually a bit overkill in the SK for me.

Who I am kidding, I want Dawn everything.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast