Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverdaughter View Post
    According to the blog post about the new colors they will continue only northwest sky halcyon at this time along with all the ballistics.
    I take it back, they have updated pcsb page (yay!) and it shows island halcyon in production.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news first: We received 2-4" more snow in Seattle last night. The forecast today is for snow that could (maybe another 3-8"?) turn into freezing rain or just regular ol' rain. The low temp tonight is 33 and tomorrow it's 27. Today is a snow day (no one is coming to work) for our production crew and we think tomorrow will also be a snow day. Our hope is that the roads are safe for everyone to make it to work on Wednesday, starting later in the morning than our usual 6:30am. It's possible we might get more snow later in the week, too.

All of that means we're now several days behind in production. Several members of our intrepid fulfillment crew have made it to the factory each day to get orders out and we've got folks working from home answering emails and the like, so mostly the work of helping folks and getting bags out the store is getting done, but we're a little behind in fulfillment too -- our strategy has been to find good weather/road windows, come in, knock the work out, and head home before it snows again or starts freezing.

And all of that means: we've decided to delay the Luminary pre-order. Dates are now:

Pages go live on 02/19 (I'll continue to share updates!)
    Pre-order window opens on 02/26 and closes on 03/05 OR until the maximum production batch quantity sells out. Then, on 03/05, we'll begin making everyone's bags!
    We expect all pre-orders to ship by late April - early May (giving ourselves a little extra time just in case there's more unusual winter weather in store for us!)

Now that you've read through all of that.... here's some (hopefully) good news:

[NOTE: The below no longer applies / the window in which to enter to receive a Luminary for review has closed.]

We know that the bag overviews/reviews (text, photo, video) provided by our volunteer Forum moderators are super useful to you guys when you’re trying to figure out if a bag is right for you or not. And we've had this idea brewing for a while now, but didn't know if we had enough time before the debut to pull it off -- well, now we do!

In an effort to get even more points of view out there, we’d like to ask for your help getting some reviews/overviews of the Luminary 12 and the Luminary 15 published between February 19th and February 26th. And that means we’d like to ship ONE Luminary 12 or ONE Luminary 16 from our pre-production batch to four different Forum members (we're giving away four bags total) randomly chosen by @Countron (a computer program) who:

1. Already have a Luminary 12 OR had pretty much planned to buy a new Luminary 12 or Luminary 15.

2. Can post a text + photo (video is optional) review of the Luminary they receive between February 19th and March 5th. You don’t need to show us your review before you post it and you can post it here on the Forums in the Bag Reviews sub-Forum as soon as you're ready.

Note: the window in which to enter to receive a Luminary has closed. If you didn't get a chance to enter, we're sorry!

We debated doing this for a while because:
    Pro = Everyone can benefit from Forum community reviews!
    Con = Because we’re only able to give away four bags total, the majority of people won’t be able to get a bag and some people might feel left out (even though the computer will be choosing who gets the bags!)

Ultimately, the pro outweighed the con, and we just decided to give this a go. Our hope is that even those who aren’t selected to be given a Luminary will be glad for those who did get one and will find the reviews useful.

If this idea works out this time, we may even extend this opportunity to other designs in the future!
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-14-2019 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Window in which to enter to get a Luminary for review has closed.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay safe !

Awesome as ever
    Countron carries a heavy responsability
    good luck to everyone who will participate it
    just a Bihnion here

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow....a winter like no other! I applaud TB for making sure their crew stays safe!!

@darcy...will the debut of the new PCSBs and Shop Bags be delayed as well? Thanks!
    Last edited by lizziejean3; 02-11-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
    Wow....a winter like no other! I applaud TB for making sure their crew stays safe!!

@darcy...will the debut of the new PCSBs and Shop Bags be delayed as well? Thanks!
    Ah, good question! Yes, the debut of the new PCSBs and Shop Bags will be delayed -- everything will be orderable along with the Luminaries on the 26th.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ah, good question! Yes, the debut of the new PCSBs and Shop Bags will be delayed -- everything will be orderable along with the Luminaries on the 26th.
    Thank you!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the update, Darcy! We love our bags, but the well-being of the TB Crew is more important. The silver lining of the delayed debut: I have a little more time to scrape together a little more money for even more bags!
    Good luck to those chosen to participate in the Luminary review!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing you can keep us updated -- thank you so much!

Did I have the pre-order date on my calendar? Yes, I did. Have I edited it so it's on the new date? Yes, I have. Does that make me a huge bag geek? Yep!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for prizing the safety and wellbeing of your employees over business matters! As someone who recently had to walk to work during -50 polar vortex windchill (the show must go on) I know how dangerous getting to work in winter can be.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I just tried this and it does fit, but you have to kind of work it in there--especially in the Luminary 12, where it just barely fit at all. In the Luminary 15 it fit fine once I got it worked into the pocket.

If your mini organizer pouch has something very stiff in it, you might not be able to get it into the pocket inside a Luminary 12 since I had to bend mine a bit to get it in there (I was able to flatten it out once it was inside the pocket), but you could still get it into the pocket inside the Luminary 15.
    You rock - thank you!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So fun! Hope @countron stays safe during the wintry mix along with the rest of the TB crew!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    So fun! Hope @countron stays safe during the wintry mix along with the rest of the TB crew!
    Countron is probably lounging by the pool in the Uninterruptible Power Supply while the snow falls...
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF; oNordic/Solar CP; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon oL12; Nebulous/Island B L15

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Our hope is that even those who arenít selected to be given a Luminary will be glad for those who did get one and will find the reviews useful.
    Love that you are doing this! In the past when the moderators were given the new bags, those photos and reviews that they posted before the new bags became available to order were extraordinarily valuable to my purchase decision!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy - Just noticed that the L12 page colour listing is twelve combinations (!yay!) but the announcement had 13... the Nebulous/Island is missing from the page... It's such a great combo, I hope it hasn't permanently disappeared
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF; oNordic/Solar CP; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon oL12; Nebulous/Island B L15

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

Life has been extremely busy and complicated for me for a while and I admit to not having time to read through the forum very carefully. So I am hoping someone can help me out and answer my questions regarding the debut.

My question is regarding whether the PCSBs and zipped top shop bags are going to be offered in 210 ballistic from now on. I realize Grass and Viridian are being retired, but will the PCSBs and zippered shop bags be consistently made in the other 210 colors that are part of the permanent lineup? Or will production revert back to halcyon in these bags?

The reason why Iím asking is because I thought when the original shop bags originally debuted in 210 ballistic I would have time to acquire them in different colors, but then production switched back to halcyon without a heads-up that ballistic bags would no longer be made. As much as I would like to buy all the bags, thatís not feasible, so I am trying to make a list of my priorities.

I apologize in advance if I havenít made sense with my question; Iíve got too much rolling around in my brain right now.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast