Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just planning ahead, I noticed the PCSB page doesn't show it in Cloud. Images yet to come, or no Cloud planned?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Hey guys,

Life has been extremely busy and complicated for me for a while and I admit to not having time to read through the forum very carefully. So I am hoping someone can help me out and answer my questions regarding the debut.

My question is regarding whether the PCSBs and zipped top shop bags are going to be offered in 210 ballistic from now on. I realize Grass and Viridian are being retired, but will the PCSBs and zippered shop bags be consistently made in the other 210 colors that are part of the permanent lineup? Or will production revert back to halcyon in these bags?

The reason why Iím asking is because I thought when the original shop bags originally debuted in 210 ballistic I would have time to acquire them in different colors, but then production switched back to halcyon without a heads-up that ballistic bags would no longer be made. As much as I would like to buy all the bags, thatís not feasible, so I am trying to make a list of my priorities.

I apologize in advance if I havenít made sense with my question; Iíve got too much rolling around in my brain right now.
    Hi @Pammy...I can't put my digital fingers on all of the exact posts from @Darcy right now, but the black 210 is currently a standard fabric for the two zip top shop bags.
    All the other 210's for the shop bags and PCSBs will depend on their reception by us and TB's time/inclination, so this may indeed be a 'get 'em while their hot' availability. And as you noted, Viridian and Grass will be retiring.

I'm running through the exact same prioritization process...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My question is regarding whether the PCSBs and zipped top shop bags are going to be offered in 210 ballistic from now on. I realize Grass and Viridian are being retired, but will the PCSBs and zippered shop bags be consistently made in the other 210 colors that are part of the permanent lineup? Or will production revert back to halcyon in these bags?
    I think I remember reading that this was a one time thing for the shop bags and then based on demand for them in the debut, they were going to decide whether they were going to be permanently available in ballistic colors. Don't know if that has since changed.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Just planning ahead, I noticed the PCSB page doesn't show it in Cloud. Images yet to come, or no Cloud planned?
    I would assume images yet to come... @Darcy said full pages will be up on the 19th, so consider the initial images a preview...
    The post that started this thread lists all the 210's for pre-order Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, @G42 and Quiltmama, for your feedback. It helps a lot. Decision, decisions.

Pretty soon I will need a second job to cover my Tom Bihn purchases. Smilie
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I would assume images yet to come... @Darcy said full pages will be up on the 19th, so consider the initial images a preview...

The post that started this thread lists all the 210's for pre-order Smilie
    Just want to make sure I've got this right, according to Darcy's initial post, the PCBSs are not a preorder, but instead, ready to ship. correct?

"February 26th
    Pre-order window opens for the following bags: Luminary 12, Luminary 15, Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags, Original Large Shop Bag
    These bags will be in-stock and ready to ship: Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, The Truck"
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to make sure I've got this right, according to Darcy's initial post, the PCBSs are not a preorder, but instead, ready to ship. correct?

"February 26th
    Pre-order window opens for the following bags: Luminary 12, Luminary 15, Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags, Original Large Shop Bag
    These bags will be in-stock and ready to ship: Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, The Truck"
    Yes indeed!

So if you'd like some immediate gratification, order the new PCSBs and 210 Trucks on the 26th for shipment.

If you want to savor the anticipation, add them to a pre-order of the L12/L15 and original large shop bags on the 26th.

Me, I'm impatient... I'll get my PCSBs to tide me over until the late APR/early MAY preorder shipments.

Smilie

And remember folks, the original large shop bag is basically going retired after this run...and the 210 ballistics in the Trucks will probably not be offered again anytime soon.... and Viridian and Grass are going away this year, once the material runs out...

Decisions, decisions....
    Last edited by G42; 02-12-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly what to do? I was going to get my mother a NWS ZTSSB but now I will be able to get one in Cloud? Decisions are hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42, Thank you for this reminder about the 210 Truck colors. In my focus on shop bags and PCSBs, I totally forgot about the Truck. Now I have to give that consideration too in making my list. Alas, too many great colors and bags and not enough $$$.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes indeed!

So if you'd like some immediate gratification, order the new PCSBs and 210 Trucks on the 26th for shipment.

If you want to savor the anticipation, add them to a pre-order of the L12/L15 and original large shop bags on the 26th.

Me, I'm impatient... I'll get my PCSBs to tide me over until the late APR/early MAY preorder shipments.

Smilie

And remember folks, the original large shop bag is basically going retired after this run...and the 210 ballistics in the Trucks will probably not be offered again anytime soon.... and Viridian and Grass are going away this year, once the material runs out...

Decisions, decisions....
    That's a good point...so if you want both a pcsb and a luminary, you should order them separately since they're being shipped at different times?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    That's a good point...so if you want both a pcsb and a luminary, you should order them separately since they're being shipped at different times?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Check out this link for the pre-order FAQ
    https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-orders#summary

Short answer is that you can order everything at once and choose how to do it at checkout - see excerpt below

"You can place one order that includes just a Pre-Order bag or a Pre-Order bag *and* In-Stock bags. If you place an order for both Pre-Order and In-Stock bags, you will see two shipping options at checkout:

A) Hold In-Stock Bags Until Pre-Order Ships – (one shipping charge: for example, $10 for UPS Ground)
    B) Ship In-Stock Bags Separately – (two shipping charges: for example, $20 for UPS Ground)

UPS Expedited International shipping will also be available. 3Day/2Day/Next Day options are only available if you place two separate orders for Pre-Order and In-Stock items.

You can also place additional orders for In-Stock bags to be added to your existing Pre-Order up until two days before your order ships. At checkout, our system will recognize that you have a current Pre-Order. You will then be given the option to “Ship with my existing Pre-Order” (no additional shipping charge) or, if you want the In-Stock bags to ship immediately, you can choose from any of the regular shipping options."

I think the only thing you can't do is divvy up 'in stock' items between 'ship now' and 'ship with pre-order' and I can't personally think of when I'd ever want to do that anyway...

Last time, TB gave warning close to the pre-order shipping window, for any last minute 'in stock' additions/purchases to an existing pre-order.

HTH!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out this link for the pre-order FAQ
    https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-orders#summary

Short answer is that you can order everything at once and choose how to do it at checkout - see excerpt below

HTH!
    Which means I can selfishly get my order of existing items and pre-orders in before the price increase? lol Big Grin

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    Which means I can selfishly get my order of existing items and pre-orders in before the price increase? lol Big Grin
    Yes!

That's why @Darcy announced the price increase so early, to give everyone as much a chance as possible to get an order in

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...st-2019-a.html

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Thank you for prizing the safety and wellbeing of your employees over business matters! As someone who recently had to walk to work during -50 polar vortex windchill (the show must go on) I know how dangerous getting to work in winter can be.
    Whoa! I can't imagine what that walk was like.

@Darcy - Just noticed that the L12 page colour listing is twelve combinations (!yay!) but the announcement had 13... the Nebulous/Island is missing from the page... It's such a great combo, I hope it hasn't permanently disappeared
    Our mistake: Nebulous/Island does exist, and it's up on the L12 page (and on the L15 page that no one can see just yet!)

Hey guys,

Life has been extremely busy and complicated for me for a while and I admit to not having time to read through the forum very carefully. So I am hoping someone can help me out and answer my questions regarding the debut.

The reason why Iím asking is because I thought when the original shop bags originally debuted in 210 ballistic I would have time to acquire them in different colors, but then production switched back to halcyon without a heads-up that ballistic bags would no longer be made. As much as I would like to buy all the bags, thatís not feasible, so I am trying to make a list of my priorities.

I apologize in advance if I havenít made sense with my question; Iíve got too much rolling around in my brain right now.
    Just confirming what everyone has answered here @pammy -- and man, I hear you about the too-much-rolling-around-in-the-brain and I hope what I've outlined below makes sense!

PCSBs (Packing Cube Shoulder Bags) = will be offered in 210d ballistic from now on. Cloud is not currently an option, but may be in the future if it is requested.

Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags = we are waiting to see how popular these are in 210d ballistic before deciding whether to make them a part of the permanent lineup. That said, I think it's pretty likely we will make them a part of the permanent lineup.... they look so good! This may mean, however, that in the long run we won't offer the full array of 200d Halcyon and 210d ballistic options, but rather select colors of each fabric (just so the number of options are manageable on the production/internal logistics side of things).

Large Original Shop Bag = This one is retiring, so the pre-order is the last chance to order it in 210d ballistic or 200d halcyon. We might bring it back for the occasional production run, but only if there's real interest -- the last time we offered the Small Original Shop Bag it just wasn't that popular.

Note: Viridian and Grass are two colors that will retire someday (not anytime soon) so eventually they won't be available in PCSBs or Shop Bags.

I hope this helps with planning and if there's anything else we can clarify, do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    No Cloud planned, at least for the time being.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Cloud makes my life easier -- eliminates one possibility! Now: Black, Dawn, or both???

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast