Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

No Cloud planned, at least for the time being.
    Thanks for all the clarifications!

Cloud was in your original post, so we thought it was MIA... but if PCSB are going to be available in 210 ballistic ongoing (or even in rotation), that makes decisions a whole lot easier to make (and budget for!)

"Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (updated with a new o-ring, shoulder strap option, and in 210d colors: Dawn, Viridian, Black, Island, Cloud, Coyote, Grass"
    Last edited by G42; 02-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Just confirming what everyone has answered here @pammy -- and man, I hear you about the too-much-rolling-around-in-the-brain and I hope what I've outlined below makes sense!

PCSBs (Packing Cube Shoulder Bags) = will be offered in 210d ballistic from now on. Cloud is not currently an option, but may be in the future if it is requested.

Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags = we are waiting to see how popular these are in 210d ballistic before deciding whether to make them a part of the permanent lineup. That said, I think it's pretty likely we will make them a part of the permanent lineup.... they look so good! This may mean, however, that in the long run we won't offer the full array of 200d Halcyon and 210d ballistic options, but rather select colors of each fabric (just so the number of options are manageable on the production/internal logistics side of things).

Large Original Shop Bag = This one is retiring, so the pre-order is the last chance to order it in 210d ballistic or 200d halcyon. We might bring it back for the occasional production run, but only if there's real interest -- the last time we offered the Small Original Shop Bag it just wasn't that popular.

Note: Viridian and Grass are two colors that will retire someday (not anytime soon) so eventually they won't be available in PCSBs or Shop Bags.

I hope this helps with planning and if there's anything else we can clarify, do let me know.
    Thanks, @Darcy, for the clarification. I'm happy Viridian and Grass aren't retiring soon. When I read these two colors were on the chopping block, I was hoping to acquire more items in those colors before they're gone for good. Also great to hear that the 210 ballistic will be part of the regular lineup for the PCSB and possibly the zipped shop bags.

As for the Small Shop Bag not being very popular in it's last run, that's too bad. I wanted to order more, but when a special run of an item coincides with the debut of new product, it's tough to buy everything I want. Just thinking that if it's possible for a special run of a retired item to debut by itself, it would be more popular. For me, it would give my credit card time to recover.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the interior zip pocket in the Luminary extend to the bottom of the bag? I’m wondering if it would fit pens or a Hobinichi weeks. [wishful thinking...]

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Does the interior zip pocket in the Luminary extend to the bottom of the bag? I’m wondering if it would fit pens or a Hobinichi weeks. [wishful thinking...]
    No, the new interior pocket is fairly shallow, at the top only of the bag. I think it's designed for those small/quick access things. It can hold pens & pencils and my Nik's Minimalist wallet... My first generation Google Pixel phone in silicone case also fits, if I angle it in gently.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry if I missed after reading the whole thread. Is the Luminary 15 going to be offered in all the same colors as the Luminary 12?

I'm kinda crushing on the Aubergine/Coyote combo right now, and the Burnt Orange is not too shabby either...

edit - I emailed about reviewing an L15, but I think I'm a few hours late, congrats to whomever is selected
    Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 02-13-2019 at 01:16 PM. Reason: addition

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    I'm sorry if I missed after reading the whole thread. Is the Luminary 15 going to be offered in all the same colors as the Luminary 12?

I'm kinda crushing on the Aubergine/Coyote combo right now, and the Burnt Orange is not too shabby either...
    Yes indeed... 13 colour combos for both the L12 & L15... they're live on the L12 page right now

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any knowledge of which bags will be limited run only?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theswiftbiker View Post
    Is there any knowledge of which bags will be limited run only?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no insider knowledge! TB probably doesn't even know what they'll definitely offer moving forward, as the bags aren't for order yet to see what people are getting...
    There are obvious things like Viridian and Grass eventually going away...

The way I decide...which one(s) would I be seriously bummed about not having, if they're never offered again?
    And then when inevitably financial constraints kick in, I take that list and do paired choices...
    A vs B, whichever 'wins' vs C... repeat until you get the final winner of all your choices... I find that easier than trying to pick from 13 (!!) combinations

Random note, I find that method of forcing a choice works well when I make earrings to friends & coworkers (a hobby of mine)... people get overwhelmed by too many choices - analysis paralysis.
    Last edited by G42; 02-15-2019 at 07:12 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a last batch of items in Nordic planned?

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As today Feb 15 is the last day, supposed Pages + Videos to go live but I do understand that it may be delayed due to the recent Snow Storm in Seattle. Any how it is already live and I had missed it? Very looking forward to see more about Luminary 15 and the new PCSB.

Although there are already many updated and new photos live in a Product Page of Luminary 12. One of the photos that show the lining of the bag, I couldn't help relate to Smart Alec - how its top zip-open also fold down like in the photo. And as well, how Luminary looks like the first few gen of Smart Alec.
    Last edited by weirdguy; 02-15-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    As today Feb 15 is the last day, supposed Pages + Videos to go live but I do understand that it may be delayed due to the recent Snow Storm in Seattle. Any how it is already live and I had missed it? Very looking forward to see more about Luminary 15 and the new PCSB.
    Darcy posted an update quite a few posts back that the pages will be live on the 19th now due to the storm delay. I'm anxiously awaiting them too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @nolegrl
    Oh man, 19th. Just one day closer to 20th Samsung going to have Global Announcement on its Galaxy S lineup. As well, others phone manufacturers due to MWC 2019. Looking to change my aging phone. My wallet argh......
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Thanks @nolegrl
    Oh man, 19th. Just one day closer to 20th Samsung going to have Global Announcement on its Galaxy S lineup. As well, others phone manufacturers due to MWC 2019. Looking to change my aging phone. My wallet argh......
    And the ordering opens on the 26th

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward to this release, and I finally figured out what I'm going to order! I set myself a dollar amount, then I made a list of everything that I want to order on the 26th... and then I ruthlessly culled the list until it fit within that dollar amount. I did it in Excel so I could sort by color or by item type, with a column to keep track of the price as I added and removed things.

There's going to be a lot of Viridian on its way to me, along with a few things in Cloud, Island, and Dawn. I'm continuing to stock up on Original Large Shop Bags while I still can, because I find them useful for so many things. (For example, right now I'm getting ready to go to the laundromat. I already sorted my clothes according to color and care type; now they're in LSBs. Reds are in the Iberian LSB, dark colors in Island, etc. Conveniently enough, each LSB holds just the right amount of clothing to fill one of the smaller washers at my laundromat. Zip-Top LSBs would work even better than the original style for going to the laundromat, but I prefer the original because I can fold them up more easily.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I did it in Excel so I could sort by color or by item type, with a column to keep track of the price as I added and removed things.
    That is some top notch bag geeking. Props!

Also, I use my OLSBs for laundry, too.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast