Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So very excited for the new Luminary as is, but thought I'd take advantage of the attention to it and ask if it would ever be considered for halcyon... Does anyone know offhand?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderer15 View Post
    So very excited for the new Luminary as is, but thought I'd take advantage of the attention to it and ask if it would ever be considered for halcyon... Does anyone know offhand?
    I haven't heard of a halcyon version in the works yet, but it seems logical they'd try it out at some point, given the S19 and S25 exist in halcyon. I think TB does a couple mockups then a Pre-Production batch anytime they change materials, to ensure it all works for structure and manufacturing, so it may be a while.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure that @darcy said they had thought about it and ruled out Halcyon for the Luminaries. So if you want a Luminary, you should probably just get one now instead of waiting.

I would be curious about how the Halcyon performed compared to the 525 in testing/prototyping. Floppier, obviously, but as G42 sensibly points out, the Synapses work in Halcyon too.

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I haven't heard of a halcyon version in the works yet, but it seems logical they'd try it out at some point, given the S19 and S25 exist in halcyon. I think TB does a couple mockups then a Pre-Production batch anytime they change materials, to ensure it all works for structure and manufacturing, so it may be a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    That's been an interesting TB mystery to me. I've been curious about those bigger backpacks in halcyon and how they'd end up keeping their structure or looking...even the Aeronauts because I can't imagine them flopping around like shop bags or stuff sacks. But my inner Marie Kondo refuses to let me buy and try. Haha.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    That's been an interesting TB mystery to me. I've been curious about those bigger backpacks in halcyon and how they'd end up keeping their structure or looking...even the Aeronauts because I can't imagine them flopping around like shop bags or stuff sacks. But my inner Marie Kondo refuses to let me buy and try. Haha.
    lol, keep in mind that there are two types of halcyon... 200d for interiors and 400d for exteriors
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics of Island and Dawn ballistic small ZTSBs are posted as in production. HOW DID THEY KNOW THOSE ARE THE TWO AT THE TOP OF MY LIST???

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pages will go live tomorrow as planned! And pre-order will open on February 26th.

Thought everyone might like an early look at the Luminary 12 and Luminary 15 video...

Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

France
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Darcy!

go Ghost Whale Pouch too Big Grin (not sure of the name...)
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the video. The L12 looks like everything fits a bit tight. It's more of a purselike object. I like the L15. More of a backpack. I wish you would have shown the L15 on the lady, too.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Thank you Darcy!

It is still called the Ghost Whale Pouch, and it's going to be available soon as a regular item for purchase!

The far west
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't find the posts where this was discussed (maybe @moriond will find them at some point!) but we did make a sample of the Luminary 12 in Halcyon way back when and Tom just didn't like it at all. If I recall correctly, he (and all of us really) felt it didn't have enough structure for the particular design that is the Luminary. So, no Luminaries in Halcyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Thank you Darcy!

I think the official name will indeed be the Ghost Whale Pouch. It stuck Smilie

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    Thank you for the video. The L12 looks like everything fits a bit tight. It's more of a purselike object. I like the L15. More of a backpack. I wish you would have shown the L15 on the lady, too.
    So far I've been using my L12 as a really big Small Cafe Bag. It has twice the volume of the SCB, but I just move my SCB Freudian Slip over to the L12 and then I have extra space for whatever else I need to take along. (For example, last night I added six cans of soup and a pastry--I have photos I'll share later!)

The far west
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I totally agree! We planned to show both people in the video wearing both bags, but somehow that got lost in the shuffle. Same thing with the in-use photos of both bags, funny enough. We do have photos of some of the crew here modeling both sizes -- we'll post those on the blog.

If it helps: the L15 fits well on everyone here who has tried it on (that's folks ranging from 5'0" - 6'0").

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I couldn't find the posts where this was discussed (maybe @moriond will find them at some point!) but we did make a sample of the Luminary 12 in Halcyon way back when and Tom just didn't like it at all. If I recall correctly, he (and all of us really) felt it didn't have enough structure for the particular design that is the Luminary. So, no Luminaries in Halcyon.
    Thanks so very much!

Washington DC-ish
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so excited about both sizes of the Luminary!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast