Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlysaltybagman View Post
    I just read the blog post on the Luminary design process; it's pretty awesome to see everything that goes into the production of these bags.

One thing I'm curious about is the decision to return to a flat carry handle. Any comments I've seen about it prefer the folded and sewn handle of the original Luminary, and I agree. My S19 with the sewn style feels so much better than my S25 that has plain webbing.

If anyone has insight on this I'd love to hear it. I'm sure it's easier, as it's one less step, but that doesn't seem to be the TB way so I'm sure I'm missing something.
    For a variety of reasons, it turned out the folded and sewn handle was very difficult (nearly impossible) to fabricate: both the sewing and cutting turned out to be far more labor intensive than we had originally planned for.

The webbing handle on the new Luminaries is our newer thick and smooth webbing and we like it just as well if not better than the folded handle and it's, of course, much easier to fabricate.

Note: we're using up all of our stock of the folded and sewn handle parts on the Synapses. Once those parts are all used, we'll switch the Synapse handle to be the newer thick and smooth webbing, too.

Here's a close-up of the thick and smooth webbing handle:

Luminary + 210 Ballistic Shop Bags Pre-Order & News Thread-luminary-handle-jpg
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome, thank you Darcy! That's what I was missing for sure-- had no idea that it's a thicker webbing. Can't wait to check it out.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time does Pre-order start?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    What time does Pre-order start?
    We're planning for 7:00am Pacific Time (give or take 10 minutes!)
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're planning for 7:00am Pacific Time (give or take 10 minutes!)
    @Darcy - during the last pre-order, some folks mentioned being surprised on the other side of the schedule... ie, what time the cut-off is...

So on Tuesday March 5th - what time does the preorder CLOSE (if volume isn't fully sold out) and what time does the price increase kick in?

Basically, should folks mark Monday March 4th as the last real day...? For the procrastinators, wafflers, and the folks who don't visit frequently....?

Thanks!

(ETA: mmmnnn, waffles! I made myself hungry)
    Last edited by G42; 02-25-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PRE-ORDER / ORDER UPDATE: Hoo boy. This is a bloodbath. My poor credit card

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-ordered a L12 in NG/Dawn. I'm still unsure whether NG is a good neutral for me and my wardrobe, I really hope it works out!

And I also ordered a PCSB in Black. Because I had to stay under the limit for cheap international shipping I had to make a hard decision on the color and Black won over Dawn. I love Dawn, but black is just more practical for my purpose.

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Darcy - during the last pre-order, some folks mentioned being surprised on the other side of the schedule... ie, what time the cut-off is...

So on Tuesday March 5th - what time does the preorder CLOSE (if volume isn't fully sold out) and what time does the price increase kick in?
    Good question!

Pre-order will close at 12:30pm PT on Tuesday, March 5th. We'll make the price increase live sometime after that.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    PRE-ORDER / ORDER UPDATE: Hoo boy. This is a bloodbath. My poor credit card
    Your poor card! Mine sympathizes, but there is so much I'm excited about in this release. What are you ordering?

I just placed my order and it isn't *quite* as hard on my credit card as I expected, because my sweetie decided that the Original Large Shop Bags I'm ordering will be a present to me from him. <3
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a large amount of Dawn in my future....
    ...and significantly more shop bags of various types than I could ever hold at once...
    ------I need to grow more arms----
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    There is a large amount of Dawn in my future....
    ...and significantly more shop bags of various types than I could ever hold at once...
    ------I need to grow more arms----
    Yep, me too. (Though two of the Dawn shop bags are for my mom.) In addition to the enormous ZTSB pre-order, I ordered two mini GWOPs for immediate shipping - one in Island for my misc purse items (currently in a mini COP), and one in Nebulous that should perfection fit the larger of my Anker battery packs (currently in a small Q-Kit).

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to be good. I just got 1 lrg. OTSB in Northwest Sky, 1 sm. ZTSB & a PCSB in Dawn. To be fair I plan on adding more to my order before it ships. But it looks better on the budget if I don't do it all at once. ( at least that is what I am hoping because my husband doesn't understand my TB obsession & if I add in April it's an early Mother's Day present Luminary + 210 Ballistic Shop Bags Pre-Order &amp; News Thread )

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Pre-ordered a L12 in NG/Dawn. I'm still unsure whether NG is a good neutral for me and my wardrobe, I really hope it works out!

And I also ordered a PCSB in Black. Because I had to stay under the limit for cheap international shipping I had to make a hard decision on the color and Black won over Dawn. I love Dawn, but black is just more practical for my purpose.
    I also preordered the L12 but in NG/Island. One of my friends says itís a great neutral and in some cases looks better than black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    I also preordered the L12 but in NG/Island. One of my friends says it’s a great neutral and in some cases looks better than black.

Sounds good! Do you know if your phone will fit or is it trial and error?

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Sounds good! Do you know if your phone will fit or is it trial and error?
    I emailed the TB Crew and Darcy told me that my phone will fit in the taller side pocket.

"Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast