Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cache for Surface Go

Anyone have a Surface Go and purchased a cache? It looks like the iPad Pro cache would work. I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Sometimes the dimensions leave a bit more to be desired with fit as I found that out with my X1 Carbon. It is disappointing the continued focus on Apple products as many people are transitioning away!

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey biaxid3nt!

I don't have a Surface Go but given the dimensions of it it looks like the best fit will be an 11A Cache. It's about 1/4 of an inch larger than it length and height-wise, but I don't foresee that offering too much play.

Apple offers a sort of focal point to hit dimension-wise but I totally get where you're coming from regarding the dimensions -- it's a bummer if you have a laptop or tablet that's in between sizes, especially in the 1" gap between the 11A and 12A or the 13A and 15D even if that 1" gap is better than the sort of "one-size-fits-all" built-in laptop sleeves it's still not as good as having one that's purpose-built for your machine. I definitely feel your pain there -- I have a Lenovo gaming laptop (17" Y700 if you're curious) that's actually larger than any Cache we currently make! We do periodically take a look at the most popular PC sizes in the market and try to make sure we have something that fits most of them.

All that said, I think the market is so big that it's inevitable that someone has a laptop that falls between the dimensions of our offered Caches because nothing is standardized with regard to laptop dimensions -- everyone has their own proprietary hardware with ever-so-slightly different dimensions. Still, I'm sorry it was you with the X1 and the X1 Carbon is now on my list for the aforementioned periodic check considering we're about due for another round. Smilie

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, I appreciate the reply!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recognize that this is an old thread, but for the sake of any future searchers: the 11A fits the Surface Go very nicely. No wiggle to speak of, as the rounded corners of the Cache help grab the more squared-off corners of the Go.

The only annoyance I've encountered is accidentally pushing the power button while it's inside, causing the battery to drain and the system to get far too hot - a design defect of the Go, not the Cache. The easy solution is leaving about 1" unzipped just above the power button.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
    I recognize that this is an old thread, but for the sake of any future searchers: the 11A fits the Surface Go very nicely. No wiggle to speak of, as the rounded corners of the Cache help grab the more squared-off corners of the Go.
    Welcome to the Forums @Kieron! Glad you could provide some practical fit advice for the 11A cache
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...