Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel a bit like a tool. I haven't made my decision as yet. Everyone here is a great enabler so I've purchased a small zip top and have also found an original small shop bag. I'm going to purchase one or two more. The question is, large zip top and original shop bag? or just original? or two originals??

why has finding a grocery bag become so difficult?

EDIT: I've made my decision. One large original and one zip top large. done. both in island.
    Thanks for all your help everyone and apologies for my indecisive behaviour!
    Last edited by TorontoSS; 02-21-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    I feel a bit like a tool. I haven't made my decision as yet. Everyone here is a great enabler so I've purchased a small zip top and have also found an original small shop bag. I'm going to purchase one or two more. The question is, large zip top and original shop bag? or just original? or two originals??

why has finding a grocery bag become so difficult?

EDIT: I've made my decision. One large original and one zip top large. done. both in island.
    Thanks for all your help everyone and apologies for my indecisive behaviour!
    LOL, I've updated/changed/waffled on my upcoming purchase list EVERY DAY since the announcements
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Island ballistic or halcyon???

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Island ballistic or halcyon???
    If I lived in the US it would have been hands down ballistic. But itís halcyon since a friend is visiting in March. Definitely halcyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small, Large, zip, orignal, Halcyon, Ballistic, color... the more I read about the more I want one (or more) xD
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the original small shop bag today. In case it ever helps anyone’s decision:

When I first saw it I thought for sure this is big and I’ll never need a bigger bag. When using it, I got two bottles of 750ml milk and that surprisingly took up a lot of space. I used it inside out and the problem was solved. I kind of wondered why I got the bag. THEN I realised why. The handles are awesome, and make a massive massive difference. I walked home with a huge bag filled with two bottles and other heavy items and I had no problem.

I’m kind of happy I’ve purchased all of them now (yes I bought four bags - I know I have problems).

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been very helpful. I have been debating between zipper or no zipper. It's settled large shopper no zipper. I plan on using it for my toting my son's snow gear to school & a beach bag. Plus I will have a chance to pick up a zipper one later. I really want the Truck too.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild81 View Post
    This has been very helpful. I have been debating between zipper or no zipper. It's settled large shopper no zipper. I plan on using it for my toting my son's snow gear to school & a beach bag. Plus I will have a chance to pick up a zipper one later. I really want the Truck too.

You wonít be disappointed. Someone helpfully explained earlier in another thread that the truck has a big piece of rigid material. So itís not collapsible as the other bags. As long as youíre ok with that then itís fine. It definitely looks really good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thanks. I was thinking of keeping the Truck in the trunk of my car using to carry groceries & then to corral food, snacks & misc. Items on road trips & camping. Liked the idea that it would be rugged & sturdy.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used my large original shop bag on the weekend, and the lady at the cashier said that the bag did not look big, but could fit lots of stuff! So I decided to bite the bullet and get a large zip-top shop bag before the price increase.

Wasabi halcyon is the colour I have in mind, cos I like the diamond squares texture. 210 ballistic looks kind of boring for such a large expanse of material. However, I just noticed 2 small holes on the bag behind the TB tag. I don't even use this bag that often, only for shopping, not for groceries.

Anyone who have the shop bags in the 210 ballistic and halcyon, what's your experience with these 2 materials as shop bags? Equally good or 210 ballistic is better? How about looks wise?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    I just noticed 2 small holes on the bag behind the TB tag. I don't even use this bag that often, only for shopping, not for groceries.
    Speaking to just the holes...those are sewing locator holes that TB creates in the manufacture of the bag. There are various ones in various bags, usually fairly well hidden...
    The material is ripstop and the holes will not propagate.

HTH for that aspect of your post
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so happy with my Grass small ZTSB! Love the colour, the size, the stiffness. In the photos, it's the only bag that's empty and yet can stand on it's own.

The wasabi large ZTSB is bigger than I expected, but I'm glad to have gotten it in halcyon. It looks bigger than the original large. The obvious difference is the height. The width and thickness is the same, but due to the zip, it makes the bag looks longer.

The other comparisons are to the Longchamp Pliage bags I have. I had intended the small ZTSB to replace the Longchamp small orange, but it turned out bigger, somewhere between the large and small Longchamp.

I now wish I have other bags/pouches in Grass. Such a cheery colour. Small zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bagSmall zip top shop vs large original shop bag

So sad that it will be retired.

I have a small original island shop bag coming my way on Wednesday. Can't wait.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could fit a 650ml (22oz) nalgene waterbottle, a tumbler (not shown), an iPad Pro 10.5", A4 papers/clipboard, a SK, and still zip close the bag. It was heavy with so much stuff, but the poron handles made it comfortable on the shoulder.

I'm 1.55m (5'1").

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered one zip top shop bag in every size and every color, because I couldn't make up my mind. They're arriving tomorrow. I already own Halcyon ones and I love them for groceries, but I like the ballistic is a bit more formal looking. There's part of me that plans on sending back all the colors I don't like, but then I'm afraid I'm going to like them all. I really don't need that many shop bags. But I do, cause BUY ALL THE BAGS!

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop bag looks so good in grass! I can't wait for mine to arrive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2