Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New pouches

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally found my best use for "Ghost Whale". It's perfect for many "brick" style battery banks:

New pouches-rkalxyam-jpg

And the USB ports for charging can be accessed by just unzipping the end portion:

New pouches-r6aofyxm-jpg
    Last edited by ButtUglyJeff; 02-26-2019 at 04:34 PM.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too found a great use for my ghost whale. I have an open top soft case for my glasses that fits perfectly inside!

The ghost whale pouch zipper, when closed, secures the open top of the soft sided case so my glasses aren't in danger of falling out. This replaces any need I had for a scratch-free inner lining for this pouch.

Looking forward to all the different sized ghost whales I ordered today!

ETA: I don't know how to make these pics smaller through Tapatalk when I upload them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imagineez; 02-27-2019 at 02:59 AM. Reason: deleted extraneous picture

Forum Member
    St Louis, MO USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap! Missed out on a Mars Red in small due to being in a class today and NO wifi or cell coverage. �� Well and the single gate clips are out of stock also so it just doesn’t seem to be my day to get some TB goodies yet.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    Crap! Missed out on a Mars Red in small due to being in a class today and NO wifi or cell coverage. �� Well and the single gate clips are out of stock also so it just doesn’t seem to be my day to get some TB goodies yet.
    They're going to be restocking some of the Ghost Whales this week - so keep an eye on them starting tomorrow onward!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgirl View Post
    Hi @Macgirl,

If it's any consolation, they seemed to be updating a lot of the GWOPs real-time during the day. I saw a number of colors sell out, and show up with the note that they'd be back in stock on 2/27/2019 -- the same thing that now shows up for the Small Mars Red GWOP, only it's the end of the day -- and then come back into stock during the day, until there was only a Viridian Mini pouch that was still out of stock. I even saw Mini GWOPs show up (and they weren't there yesterday or on the list in the morning). Send an email query to customer support to check whether they are actually out of the single 1" Gatekeeper clips.

Good luck,

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in hearing what folks think of the 525 material in the mini GW.... I like the idea of the mini in Mars Red for a first aid kit (as folks have mentioned) but I'm not sure about that heavy duty a material for a pouch as small as a mini... I really notice the difference in the Cubelets, so I'm think it'll be more noticeable in the small GW
    Tho I know the 525 will soften up over time...

So once folks start receiving mini's in 525, please sing out with impressions, thanks!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42, I just noticed that my two new GWs are 525 Ballistic while the forum gift GW is 210 Ballistic. Although the difference is not huge - I just noticed it today when I took a closer look - I prefer the thicker material because it is a bit more rigid making the surface appear a little slicker. In terms of softness and flexibility the 210 has an advantage but for my taste the 525 does this job almost equally well. In terms of functionality I don't know if there is any difference in a pouch of that size. But for the A5 I would now definitely prefer the 525 Ballistic. Here is a little comparison pic: on the left 525 Mars Red, on the right 210 Cloud:

New pouches-010_gw-jpg
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, the array of colours! I'd a small in black and was happy to choose a mini and A5 in something with a little 'boing' to them...island and alphaviolet (Ok, more than a little 'boing' in that case... ). Makes them easy to find in a bag...and in the case of the A5, to not forget if carried to a meeting with my omnipresent Rhodia and assorted whatnot. Canada is coin-heavy with loonies and toonies so was imagining the mini as a pocket or bag coin carrier...

Everything about these pleases me... The shape, the curve, the colour... Yet again, functional and funky. Top Notch, Tom Bihn!

Forum Member
    St Louis, MO USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was FAST! Signed up for email notification and the two colors I wanted are back in stock this morning!! Ordered up a mini in Nebulous Gray and a small in Mars Red along with a Nik's #3. Yay! I like those space name colors since I'm binging The Expanse on Amazon lately. LOL

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first I thought you were going to talk about how nice they look lined up end-to-end.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'm interested in hearing what folks think of the 525 material in the mini GW.... I like the idea of the mini in Mars Red for a first aid kit (as folks have mentioned) but I'm not sure about that heavy duty a material for a pouch as small as a mini... I really notice the difference in the Cubelets, so I'm think it'll be more noticeable in the small GW
    Tho I know the 525 will soften up over time...

So once folks start receiving mini's in 525, please sing out with impressions, thanks!
    I have GWOPs coming soon, so I can't answer yet... but I recently got a leaf red pouchkin, the one that goes in the First/Second Aid Pouch, and that has worked really well. The back is mesh and there are divided clear pockets in front. I put bandaids in the mesh pocket and small packs of Tylenol, ibuprofen, antacid, and cough drops in the clear pockets.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only have a Mini in 210 but I have put a couple in 525 on order. The normal problem with the heavier material is a lack of flexibility in getting into the pocket/pouch. Because the zipper curves around the whole thing, there is no reduction of access.

Against all odds (I normally prefer Halcyon over Ballistic for its lighter weight and greater flexibility) I am coming to prefer 525 over 210. 210 can seem oddly delicate at times, and more prone to picking up marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new GW's arrived today. I got Coyote and Black mesh for each size.

Love, love, love them especially in mesh. Probably because I also love my mesh 3D organizer cubes.

Also got a new PCSB in coyote. Really like the 210 (for the use I want for this one). Probably won't be used as a dedicated carry bag but for portable/travel art journal stuff.

First I'd like to thank the staff for the original forum gift and taking the feedback to make them a reality!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Christina I’m completely on the 525 train. I love Viridian but I didn’t order a gw pouch in it because of the weight. I like the shape and function of the forum gift but I find it too thin for me. I also prefer the ballistic regular pouches over the halcyon. Even with the travel cublet I prefer to use my alphaviolet for markers and pens because of the heartiness of it. It feels significantly more durable to me. That being said, I ordered quite a few of the 210 shop bags very shortly after the order pages went live...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know the technical particularities...much less whether they'd bear out what I'm about to wonder-aloud about in type...

The question of rigidity is precisely why I chose 525 for the larger A5 size...notebooks, a paperback, etc.

I chose 210 for the mini...because I have a micro op in parapack that currently serves as my coin purse and the weight-feel of the two is quite similar to me. There's not a whit of a problem of wear on the years old parapack op which is super flexible too. Just to say, rigidity is one thing...concern for wear I doubt will be much of an issue.

For what this might be worth...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast