Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New pouches

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    Just to say, rigidity is one thing...concern for wear I doubt will be much of an issue.

that's how it vibes for me too - I see both having a place, depending on use...

....and isn't it just grand that we are SWAMPED with choices on this release!?
    ever since I joined the Forums, what I noticed was folks have been asking for more colour combos and more materials offered in more items and - wow, we got a lot of what we all asked for this week!

I mean, the Luminaries are both in 13 colour combos - several of which are new - and then all the 210 ballistic crossovers and ghost whales not only in multiple sizes and fabrics, but you get to choose too!

ok, I'm geeking out, but this is a great week to be a bag geek, lol
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch: it’s proved to be a very popular design and it just so happens that we are experiencing a supply issue with the #3 YKK zipper needed to make the Ghost Whale. That means that the Ghost Whale pouches won’t be meaningfully restocked until mid-late April. Some colors/sizes of Ghost Whale may be restocked here and there because we’re expecting a small shipment of #3 zippers around mid-late March, but we also need those zips for other items as well.

Some colors and sizes of Ghost Whales are still in-stock, but others are already (temporarily) sold out. If you’d like, you can sign up on the Ghost Whale page to be notified the moment they’re restocked and available for order. We’re hoping it’ll be sooner than mid-late April!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Update on the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch: it’s proved to be a very popular design and it just so happens that we are experiencing a supply issue with the #3 YKK zipper needed to make the Ghost Whale. That means that the Ghost Whale pouches won’t be meaningfully restocked until mid-late April. Some colors/sizes of Ghost Whale may be restocked here and there because we’re expecting a small shipment of #3 zippers around mid-late March, but we also need those zips for other items as well.

Some colors and sizes of Ghost Whales are still in-stock, but others are already (temporarily) sold out. If you’d like, you can sign up on the Ghost Whale page to be notified the moment they’re restocked and available for order. We’re hoping it’ll be sooner than mid-late April!
    Oh, that must be frustrating for you all! Thanks very much for letting us know.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @darcy Mid-April. Would that be in time to add to our Pre-orders, supposedly to ship in end-April?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Rochester, NY, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're not giving up on this accessory. It seems a real keeper...

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new Ghost Whales arrived today. I got a mini in Coyote mesh and a large in Viridian 210.

Not sure how Iíll use the latter but the former is immediately as a miniature Snake Charmer I can use for charging cables.

Shown inside my SK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Medium Cafe Bag in Alphaviolet/Cloud - Pop Tote in Olive - S19 in Deep Blue/Iberian; Side Kicks in Aubergine/Island Halcyon, Verde/Ultraviolet, and Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - S25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - S25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    @darcy Mid-April. Would that be in time to add to our Pre-orders, supposedly to ship in end-April?
    Would be good if this coincides; as, if so, I am sure to add some Ghost Whales to my pre-orders.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 03-03-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody know what outside color that is on the cafe bag featured in the photos of the new Ghost Whale on the website?

Doesnít look like a color I recognize...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody know what outside color that is on the cafe bag featured in the photos of the new Ghost Whale on the website?

Doesnít look like a color I recognize...
    I believe it's Cloud/Dawn

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn’t look like a color I recognize...
    if not Cloud/Dawn as @panda2mama said, then it's Cloud/Cloud... kind of hard to tell with the angle & lighting
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn’t look like a color I recognize...
    I agree with @panda2mama that the outside is Cloud 525. I think the inside is Cloud 210.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all! The lighting and how it looks on my iPad had it looking like a lavender or light blue and I thought oh?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Would be good if this coincides; as, if so, I am sure to add some Ghost Whales to my pre-orders.
    Yes. Barring any unforeseen calamities or snafus, the Ghost Whales will be back in-stock before pre-orders ship around late April.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my order of GWOPs today, a mix of 525 and 210 fabrics, and immediately put them to use. I prefer the 525 ballistic for these pouches; it gives the pouches a bit of extra ridigity I think they need. I also took a risk and ordered a mini in a color I wasn't sure I would like and have avoided - burnt orange. What a gorgeous color! Now I feel guilty for deliberately avoiding it.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my GWOPs today, too. I LOVE:

1.) the flexibility of depth to pack
    2.) that all the space it takes up in my bag is useable, fillable -- no piping on the edges
    3.) the width of opening means more options for how and what to pack
    4.) the chance to pick something small in a color I'm not sure about

My plan for my Aubergine A5 GWOP is to pack undies in it -- all the videos have tiny little bras being tucked into corners, but some of us have bras that aren't corner-tuckable. The A5 is the perfect size for a change of sock & undies on an overnight trip or during a long day. Then I don't have to worry about hooks catching other things in the bag, and if I have to unpack a bag in public, I don't have to worry about all eyes on my underdrawers.

The mini holds three short USB cables and my earbuds in a case, and stands upright clipped into my Side Effect.

Unlike the Small OP, the Small GWOP fits in the larger side pocket of my L15! And it's long enough for shortish pens and pencils, but not so long as the pen/pencil OP!

Seriously great.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast