Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New pouches

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my pouches!

I'm very happy with the A5 size, and I like it in the heavier 525 Nebulous Grey fabric. It fits my softcover Leuchtturm notebook, as well as the thicker hardcover version. (I did not try it with the Jottbook, but as that is smaller than the first two, it should be fine as well.) Either can fit alongside my iPad Mini and a few folded 8.5x11 papers, though the former more comfortably.

I also liked the other two pouches, though I haven't figured out exactly how I'll use them. The small is in aubergine, which is lovely, and the first time I've seen this color in the new 525. I got the mini pouch in Viridian so it will be hard to lose, and in keeping with my new system of Viridian travel gear.

All of these pouches seem to be useful sizes, and I believe that the flat shapes will make them easier to pack inside of other bags. The zippers that cover two sides are brilliant.

Sadly, I'm not as happy with the Packing Cube Shoulder Bags due to the changes in attachment points, but I'll post about that separately in the relevant thread. For sure, I'll be ordering more of the Ghost Whale pouches.

Update: A5 Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch with two Leuchtturm Jottbooks, iPad Mini, and some paper.

New pouches-a5-gw-jpg
    Last edited by bchaplin; 03-06-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    London
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have any experience of which ghost whale fits neatly into the side pocket of the Smart Alec? I'm thinking their oblong flat nature could be a match made in heaven.

The flatness of them could also be useful in Western Flyer outer pockets.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of which ghost whale fits neatly into the side pocket of the Smart Alec? I'm thinking their oblong flat nature could be a match made in heaven.

The mini and smalls fit the SA
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought several ghost whale pouches of small and mini, some for gifts...well, now I will have to buy more because I am using ALL of them! They are so versatile! I tend to color identify things, so each one has a purpose based on it's color.

I ordered 2 of the A5's, not sure if I would use them, and now will be ordering more of those as well. They fit nicely in the PCSB, and give it form! Just so happy with these pouches!

I like BOTH the 210 and the 525 material, they both have their own useful applications.

One thing I would love to see on these pouches is a double zipper! Then I could control where the pouch will open.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my small in the inside pocket of my CP. it was pretty floppy with only 4 crochet hooks in it. Got a TB ruler in my last order, tucked in under the top seam, it fits perfectly and gives it the rigidity I was missing. Definitely like the top opening...

CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smudge View Post

Hereís a pic of a small in the side pocket of my SA

I wouldnít call my GW flat ó Donít know if anyone else is having the same ďproblemĒ or if this is how the pouch lies normally ó mine is warped whether it has something inside or is empty. Since I was expecting a flat pouch Iím a little disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Happy guardian of: Steel/Was A45; Steel PCBP; Steel PCs; Steel SA; Steel/UV Pilot; Cloud/Vir SK; Steel/Was SE; Aub/Coy Skook Duff; UV LSB; Sit PCSB; Lg Trvl Trays (NWS & Monarch); Hor +Vert Brain Cells + Caches; Stuff + Yarn Sacks; Pass Pouch

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. Must be the mesh. Mine in 525 lie flat.

New pouches-screenshot_20190309-064525-png

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve been having fun packing my Ghost Whales to see what their niche will be in my collection of pouches.

They provide easy viewing and easy access for collections of little things.
    New pouches-2up-1-jpg
    Odds and ends from my camping kit in the A5, and EDC miscellany in the mini.

New pouches-knit-jpg
    Knitting notions

Despite the ease of access, I wonít use GWs for the above things. My clumsy, awkward off-hand kept knocking things out of the GWís. Maybe Iím not alone, considering how many pictures have been posted the GW holding only a few larger items.

Keys fit perfectly. No more keys tangled in yarn, or keys hooking other stuff in a bag and dragging it all with them when I fish them out by their keystrap.
    New pouches-keys-jpg

Look what fit the A5! Tablet and keyboard and power bank and cables! This may change how I pack electronics.
    New pouches-20190310_225814-3-jpg

And, for scale, GWís and Q Kits.
    New pouches-qkit-jpg
    Last edited by twosandalz; 03-11-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Scale down huge photos

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine arrived today! I love them. I bought a small black mesh to hold the strap of the PCSB. It’s going to stay in one of the inside pockets of my Road Buddy and when I want to use the PCSB it’s going to go into the bag to secure some small stuff.

New pouches-5b6f7f5c-743f-4d73-bb0a-586cf14ebfeb-jpeg

And then I bought an A5 to go with my SCB, which I sometimes also use for work. That way any papers or notebooks I have aren’t going to be banged up so much. I love it! I don’t have a Freudian Slip and don’t think I want one, but this is great.

New pouches-dd98ab0f-181a-49a4-9c51-0002f42c74b2-jpeg

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the DLBP. I'm surprised at how much I like to carry this backpack now, in replace of my S19. The main complain I have is that it doesn't have a dedicated waterbottle holder. To prevent my tumbler containing hot tea from tipping over, I used a cloth bag I had and used a carabiner to hook onto o-ring.

This got me thinking. Would the A5 GWOP be used for this purpose? Just unzip the top. Anyone has one to try out?

My cloth bag is around the same height. Width is a little narrower than the A5.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know some people have used a travel stuff sack like this, same principle.
    I put my side effect in the bottom of the main compartment and the space left to one side is where I put my bottle. That works for me.
    Hopefully someone will be able to test the A5 ghost whale for you..

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    I know some people have used a travel stuff sack like this, same principle.
    I put my side effect in the bottom of the main compartment and the space left to one side is where I put my bottle. That works for me.
    Hopefully someone will be able to test the A5 ghost whale for you..

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    Oooh... travel stuff sack is circular. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by panda2mama View Post
    Oooh... travel stuff sack is circular. Thanks!
    Try the Yarn Stuff Sack. It has a clip built-in inside it. Iím a huge fan.

Southern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite thing about the Grey GW is it looks like nothing. It doesnít look like a wallet, it doesnít look like a special pouch. Iíve been carrying cash and my ship card and credit cards in mine and nobody looks at it twice, not even street vendors. I can see the denomination and pull cash out the top with no problems. Not an easy feat for American money where itís all the same size/color.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghost Whale watching...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6