Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Order status discrepancy on TB page vs UPS tracking - shipment could not be delivered

I've been checking both the TB invoice/receipt site and the UPS site since I made my order and today I was shocked to see a discrepancy in the order status.

On the Tom Bihn site it says that the status is "NOT DELIVERED" and "YOUR SHIPMENT COULDN'T BE DELIVERED According to UPS, your order couldn't be delivered as planned. Please contact UPS to arrange another delivery attempt."

Whereas on the UPS site the status is "Clearance in progress - Your package is being processed at the clearance agency."

Is this normal? I'm quite confused - is there a problem with the delivery or not? It's a bit nerve wracking as I'm paying a hefty sum to ship to Singapore and it's my first TB order.

Would appreciate any feedback from the more experienced TB customers here, especially those buying from outside the US. Thank you.

Forum Member
    Sunny Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never had issue with my TB shipments to S'pore. I think it's best to go with the status on UPS website. "Clearance in progress - Your package is being processed at the clearance agency." --> sounds like it's undergoing clearance at customs. Or you can call UPS to check?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also previously shipped numerous times to singapore and never had an issue. I would also say to go with the update from ups. Usually, customs require some time to check the package and it should be released in a day or two. But if you are in doubt better to check with ups just in case.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingslower View Post
    I never had issue with my TB shipments to S'pore. I think it's best to go with the status on UPS website. "Clearance in progress - Your package is being processed at the clearance agency." --> sounds like it's undergoing clearance at customs. Or you can call UPS to check?
    Thanks, I'm more inclined to trust the UPS tracking website as well but the Tom Bihn invoice/shipping page saying "According to UPS, your order couldn't be delivered as planned. Please contact UPS to arrange another delivery attempt." is quite worrying - have you ever gotten that status message on the TB invoice page? Was wondering if maybe delivery outside the US triggers it or something.

Forum Member
    Sunny Singapore
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by verselines View Post
    Thanks, I'm more inclined to trust the UPS tracking website as well but the Tom Bihn invoice/shipping page saying "According to UPS, your order couldn't be delivered as planned. Please contact UPS to arrange another delivery attempt." is quite worrying - have you ever gotten that status message on the TB invoice page? Was wondering if maybe delivery outside the US triggers it or something.
    No lah, don't worry, bags are not sensitive items anyway. If you are concerned, just give UPS a call

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely call UPS...

I had that error a couple weeks ago when the big snowstorms hit Seattle... I think it was UPS sending to TB that there was a delay...but when I checked the UPS site, it was obvious that the package was sitting in their hub, waiting for the highways to clear. After the package started moving (days later), everything aligned again.

These systems are all automated and sometimes the messages don't appear to be written for humans, lol
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...