Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    The Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    102
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pre-Production Bags

    You know you have it bad when you receive the e-mail saying that you were randomly chosen to be one of the people that receives a PPB for the Luminary 15 and you celebrate for an entire day!
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

  2. #2
    Forum Member sturbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    -5 GMT EST/EDT
    Posts
    588
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got that announcement for a PPB for a zipped top shop bag! I was so excited!!!
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Pilot in steel dyneema/steel, , Truck in Nebulous Gray, Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    14
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get an email..

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Share
    Florida, US
    Posts
    210
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got that email earlier this week. I'm super excited!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Share
    Singapore
    Posts
    4
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so envious

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    96
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm absolutely loving my PPB Luminary 15 (but my phone is short on space, so tapatalk isn't on it at the moment *wah wahhhhhhhh*)

  7. #7
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, I've been carrying my PPB L12 to work for over a week now and it's great. The size worked out well, I'm glad I went with the 12 and not the 15. The only drawback is the color - I have to confess I've not felt instant love for the Nebulous Grey (I prefer the Steel of my RB36). The NG looks very pretty in combination with the Dawn lining, but of course you can't see the lining when you carry the bag. If they ever make the Luminary in Deep Blue/Dawn, Aubergine/Dawn or Black/Dawn I might switch, otherwise I'm sticking with the NG (it's not bad, it's just not love like it was with Aubergine, Steel, Dawn or Original Halcyon).
    Last edited by b1gsky; 04-03-2019 at 11:19 PM.

  8. #8
    Forum Member tuskegee7294's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Share
    Georgia
    Posts
    162
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using my Luminary 12 for over a week now and in comparison to the old Luminary I am loving it. The taller side pocket holds my iPhone XS Max with no problem. I use the inner zippered pocket to hold my change or candy. The other side pocket is to hold keys and the back pocket holds my Kindle Oasis, Bose Soundsport wired and a few other miscellaneous items. The main compartment holds my water bottle (Yeti 18 oz), COW, portable charger and a Side Effect with various things. Straps are still very comfortable and I find the Nebulous Gray/Island combination is beautiful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

    LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you get selected to get PPB?? I would love that!

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,190
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgnsimmons3 View Post
    How do you get selected to get PPB?? I would love that!
    Welcome to the Forums @mgnsimmons3!

    The PPBs are allotted at Random by Countron - the secret TB Computer Overlord (nah, just the inventory program that helps out). If you were randomly chosen, TB would email you a chance to add on any last minute items, then ship. If you haven't received a PPB email, you're probably going to have to wait with the rest of us for the end of the month.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Lost in the Midwest
    Posts
    343
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post

    TB would email you a chance to add on any last minute items, then ship.
    Will TB do that anyway, before the regular shipments go out at the end of the month? I can think of a few things I might want to add on...

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @mgnsimmons3!

    The PPBs are allotted at Random by Countron - the secret TB Computer Overlord (nah, just the inventory program that helps out). If you were randomly chosen, TB would email you a chance to add on any last minute items, then ship. If you haven't received a PPB email, you're probably going to have to wait with the rest of us for the end of the month.
    Wow! So this happens every month?! *Anxiously awaiting next month!*


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    714
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Will TB do that anyway, before the regular shipments go out at the end of the month? I can think of a few things I might want to add on...
    Anna, I don't know if they will or not, but you can add stuff to your pre-order any time you want before it ships! https://blog.tombihn.com/pre-orders#add says:
    And adding to your pre-order is easy: place the items you want to add in your basket and, at checkout and in the shipping options, you’ll see an option that says: “Add to my Pre-Order”. Our system will automatically add the new order items to your existing pre-order.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  14. #14
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Boston; she/her
    Posts
    714
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgnsimmons3 View Post
    Wow! So this happens every month?! *Anxiously awaiting next month!*
    Hi mgnsimmons3! I think you may have misunderstood what the pre-production bags are. Last month some new designs were made available for pre-order, and anything ordered during the pre-order was scheduled to be shipped at the end of April. A few people who ordered bags got their bags shipped to them early. New designs and pre-orders certainly don't happen every month, and bags aren't being sent out for free.

    The one exception I can remember to bags not being sent out for free: before the new designs were made available for order, forum members were given a chance to sign up for a random drawing in which I think three people got sample bags to review. That's rare, though!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

    I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Hi mgnsimmons3! I think you may have misunderstood what the pre-production bags are. Last month some new designs were made available for pre-order, and anything ordered during the pre-order was scheduled to be shipped at the end of April. A few people who ordered bags got their bags shipped to them early. New designs and pre-orders certainly don't happen every month, and bags aren't being sent out for free.

    The one exception I can remember to bags not being sent out for free: before the new designs were made available for order, forum members were given a chance to sign up for a random drawing in which I think three people got sample bags to review. That's rare, though!
    Ahhh! Okay gotcha! Still fun! Still obsessed


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •