Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally have a use for my Synapse 25!

I purchased a Synapse 25 mid-last year to use as my travel backpack. The problem I was that 1) I had no immediate trips planned, and 2) I also purchased an Aeronaut 45, making a secondary backpack a bit difficult to travel with. So the bag has been sitting in my closet, unused with tags.

Well, recently my work decided to give us laptops instead of desktops with the intention for us to take them home daily. My current work bag (Parental Unit) couldn't handle the 15in laptop along with my other stuff. So on Friday, I juggled home my parental unit (crossbody) and a work-issued laptop case (one shoulder). I knew this wasn't an ideal solution so I was trying to come up with another idea and boom, I remembered the synapse in my closet.

I usually carried in my PU:
    3 small OP for various things
    A 3d OP for toiletry stuff
    A side effect for my wallet and keys
    A small snake charmer for earbuds and cables
    A totes travel umbrella
    Nintendo switch in case

So I just dusted the cobwebs from the Synapse and put my load into it along with the work laptop. It all fit beautifully! I love how the elastic laptop sleeve is in the front of the main compartment and everything else can easily slip behind it, unobstructed by one another.

I do have to get used to the straps, I'm one of those that has issues with the newer strap placement and they sit too wide for my preferences, like they will slide off my shoulders. The sternum strap helps quite a bit.

This load also feels a bit heavy, and while the padded hip belt helps a ton, I don't want to look like a dofus wearing it on the short trek from my car to my desk. So I may have to just deal with the load weight.

I'll get my first test drive with it on Monday. I'm actually excited to see how it goes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nolegrl; 03-16-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nolegrl View Post
    I purchased a Synapse 25 mid-last year to use as my travel backpack. The problem I was that 1) I had no immediate trips planned,
    That is so ME and MY S25! I have it, I love it, but no use for it YET. Too big for an EDC. I have a trip coming up that I will use my A30 for, so the S25 sits lonely in my closet (wait a sec, its not lonely, it has LOTS of TB company in there...)

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    That is so ME and MY S25! I have it, I love it, but no use for it YET. Too big for an EDC. I have a trip coming up that I will use my A30 for, so the S25 sits lonely in my closet (wait a sec, its not lonely, it has LOTS of TB company in there...)
    Haha! Glad I'm not the only one!

I used to travel with a backpack and a roller bag, so the Synapse made sense, but since I've decided to get the Aeronaut instead, it doesn't make sense anymore. I also don't typically use backpacks for EDC, I use a purse (either parental unit or side effect). Backpacks aren't used much where I am outside of a school setting and if I do see one, it seems odd and suspicious.

This is the first instance where I can use a backpack for EDC and it's not out of place.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have an update, I love this bag!

I've been carrying it daily for a little over a week and either the straps have broken in a bit or I've gotten used to them, but I've actually removed the sternum strap and I haven't had any issues with them sliding around. I do notice that the straps poke me a bit around the armpit, but I wonder if that's because the straps are still breaking in.

The zippers feel amazing when I open or close them, it's oddly satisfying whenever I use them.

It also holds all my stuff wonderfully and everything has its own location. I've gotten more used to the weight of the bag with the laptop and while still heavy, it doesn't seem as bad as it did initially. I do kinda wish I had a cache for more protection, but I don't want to spend $45 on an accessory for a work laptop. My temporary solution is to use one of the removable cushion pads from my work issued laptop case and stick it in the bottom of the laptop pocket. I'm still very careful when I set my backpack down though.

Overall, I'm really glad I ended up purchasing this bag and found good use for it.

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    Snap. My Mars Red Guide's Edition S25 languishes; I tried it with an overnight loadout for a work trip, to take the place of my A30, but it just wouldn't work for some reason. It's a lovely backpack, but it's without a use case for now. Like yours, mine too has plenty of company... it's just a matter of time before it finds its niche.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25QKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC