Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pros and cons of S25 frame

Iíve been carrying an S25 for about 2 mo now. Iíve ignored the frame so far and am wondering if Iím missing anything. If folks can share thoughts on using the internal frame ó pros and cons ó that would be most helpful.

My EDC load for the S25 varies. I use it for my heavier or bulkier load days and my S19 for lighter days. At my S25 heaviest and bulkiest days, my load is:

MAIN COMPARTMENT:
    HP Elitebook - 13Ē
    iPad Pro
    Lunch (which is bulky due to reusable plastic containers).
    Hat
    Side Effect (attached at cache hooks).

LONG FRONT POCKET - 16 oz water bottle

SHORT FRONT POCKET ó Wallet and keys.

BOTTOM POCKET - Misc, usually lightly packed.

SIDE POCKETS ó Doo dads.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite what you're looking for, but I have an S19 with the frame. Since my EDC doesn't include a laptop 80% of the time, I like the frame to help keep the bag shape and prevent pokey things in my back. If I carried a laptop regularly, I wouldn't bother with the frame because (to me) it's serving sort of the same purpose.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42 — That’s what I was wondering. So it sounds like I’m not missing much since I frequently carry my laptop in the S25.

Forum Member
    Lost in the Midwest
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the frame with my S25 and I found it to be uncomfortable for EDC urban carry (I did not use a hip belt or cinch the backpack straps down tight). It felt very stiff, like a board.

I was also hoping it would make my S25 stand up more, but if the bottom front pocket was not filled with something, it still tipped over.

I just ordered one for my hubby who wants to try it for his S25 and will follow up with how he likes it.

Santa Cruz, California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using a Synapse 25 with a frame for the past several months. The frame adds some weight but helps the bag retain its shape when filled. Like anna2222, I was hoping that the frame will prevent the bag from tipping over. It helps a little bit, I think, but whether the bag stands up or tips over depends on how the bag is loaded. And most of the time, it just likes to tip over.