Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Favorite Colors

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linnefaulk View Post
    Iberian and Wasabi are awesome colors. I am sad Wasabi is going away. I wish there were more items in Iberian as red is the best color. Mars Red is not a true red although it looks like it is on the web site.
    Unless something was posted and the Color List + News sticky isn't up to date, I don't see Wasabi (Halcyon 200d) noted as one of the announced retiring colors. Wasabi Aether (liner/packing cubes) is to retire.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by linnefaulk View Post
    Iberian and Wasabi are awesome colors. I am sad Wasabi is going away. I wish there were more items in Iberian as red is the best color. Mars Red is not a true red although it looks like it is on the web site.
    Hi... Wasabi in halcyon is not discontinuing (as far as we know) anytime soon. It's the Wasabi aether material that is used for some packing cubes that is discontinuing at the end of this year or early next...check out this post
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post169629

ETA: simulpost with @threeteez
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone mentioned Verde/Ultraviolet? Those brilliant pops of color in the midst of green are so vernal, like an azalea in bloom. It makes me feel happy.

Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm obsessed with Nordic Halcyon and wasabi, sad to see the former is going away. I just received an S25 in Nordic, have an S19 arriving tomorrow, neither with wasabi though. I passed on the Pilot and Co-Pilot in Halcyon after reading posts here, and adore my Dark Blue 525/wasabi Co-Pilot almost as much. I love the rich "pop" of the blue Halcyon. I figured the Synapse was my best option for my first foray into Halcyon, because with the travel bags, maintaining form/avoiding bulge is a concern I have. With some wasabi pull cords on the S25, I'm in love and can't wait to use it as my EDC. Alas, I'm going nowhere now, sitting home recovering from shoulder surgery. Which is why I have time to agonize over whether I need the Aeronauts in Nordic...

I recently got an A45 in black ballistic/wasabi and an A30 in steel/Iberian (another combo I love.) We used the A45, A30, Pilot and NFTD on our recent family trip with great success. Mrs. Glarus was impressed with the gear, though she found the Pilot to be not ideal as "mom's personal item" (too small for her stuff and the kids'.) I think an NFTD would rock for her, too. For that one, I think black is the right look.

With the type of business travel I occasionally do, I can carry anything I want, my bags go to the hotel, not to any "business" setting, so I don't have the same concerns others do about a conservative look for business travel. In my line of work, I'd much rather look like a leisure traveler anyway, so my new-found passion for color works out. I'm traveling less this year, but get plenty of enjoyment out of just staring at my TB collection. Yes, I have the TB bug. Sorry to stray too far from the question, I'd be happy to be directed to some threads discussing Aeronauts in Halcyon. Preferably threads telling me I don't need the same bags in a different fabric. I see the A30 is not in stock or production in Nordic, and I'm thinking it would be a "both (45 & 30) or nothing" scenario anyway, at least for the shell fabric. I could live with a grey interior since, in the short period I've been watching, that seems to be the interior TB uses when a model (NFTD) or shell (Nordic) is nearing the end of its run.
    Last edited by glarus; 05-08-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3