Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Favorite Colors

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Favorite Colors

    What is your favorite color combination from Tom Bihn? Post pictures of your items, would love to see!

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Share
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    90
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubergine anything, but especially Aubergine/Wasabi!
    My Aubergine/Wasabi Swift, Aubergine/Wasabi MB, and Aubergine/Cloud MCB:
    Favorite Colors-e598325f-9650-463e-ab52-e142109e35cc-jpeg

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I love that combo! Very pretty!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Share
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    90
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s odd, because I’ve never been a purples or greens person, usually favoring pinks and blues. But TB has turned that upside-down; something about these colors makes me happy.

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Itís odd, because Iíve never been a purples or greens person, usually favoring pinks and blues. But TB has turned that upside-down; something about these colors makes me happy.
    I agree the Wasabi is divine!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Forum Member BigBadD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Share
    France
    Posts
    112
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just been looking at a possible couple of new bags (Aeronaut 30 and Pilot) and I was pleasantly surprised and tempted by how great the Aubergine/Wasabi combination looked. So thanks Wanderlust77 for your photos. I do like a nice coloured bag exterior that works with many clothing colours and also looks good in formal as well as casual situations; and I appreciate to have a bright interior colour.

  7. #7
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    1,445
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the new Nebulous/Island ballistic - very rich and deep colour combo... Dawn and Cloud accessories coordinate well....

    I have a (discontinued) Olive/Canyon L12 that is very autumnal and comforting... Mars Red and Burnt Orange look comfortable with it...

    Way way discontinued but... original (white grid) Nordic/Solar is probably my favorite, followed by Steel halcyon/Solar or Original (white grid) Black halcyon/Solar... Grass and Zest are amazing with Solar

    And yet I travel with my Navy/NWSky A30 every month and it's deeply comforting... all calm serene blues and greys

    I guess I have many colour moods
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I really like the new Nebulous/Island ballistic - very rich and deep colour combo... Dawn and Cloud accessories coordinate well....

    I have a (discontinued) Olive/Canyon L12 that is very autumnal and comforting... Mars Red and Burnt Orange look comfortable with it...

    Way way discontinued but... original (white grid) Nordic/Solar is probably my favorite, followed by Steel halcyon/Solar or Original (white grid) Black halcyon/Solar... Grass and Zest are amazing with Solar

    And yet I travel with my Navy/NWSky A30 every month and it's deeply comforting... all calm serene blues and greys

    I guess I have many colour moods
    The Dawn/Cloud combo is one of my favorites too! I love the simple look with a pop of color!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Volunteer Moderator bartleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Share
    Location: Germany / Hobbies: Photography & Guitars
    Posts
    259
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another vote for Nebulous/Island but I am also a big fan of the recent Deep Blue/Coyote
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

  10. #10
    Forum Member AHesting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    Indiana
    Posts
    59
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nordic/UV and Nordic/Monarch take my breath away when I see them together. I've got a Nordic/Iberian SE and when I toss it in either my UV or Monarch shop bags, I'm always struck by how beautiful they are. Sadly, I don't have an actual bag in either of those color combos.
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Share
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    865
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I have been an enormous fan of blues and greens (dawn, fjord, etc) in TB bags, I have more recently been somewhat enamored of the occasional more vivid pops of color - maybe it's recuperating from what felt like a particularly gray Seattle winter. Two of my current favorites are my burnt orange Truck and a monarch small travel tray; since these are more bold colors though, I feel like I would want a softer color with them like cloud. The bag I cannot wait to get is the nebulous gray/island L15, as the island brings that extra splash of visibility to the interior, while the nebulous looks sleek and mysterious on the exterior. I love more subdued exteriors, as I think they are so versatile, paired with a bright interior. While it might be considered less exciting, one of my favorite color combos is original halcyon with wasabi, and I have a Smart Alec and a MCB in this combination. I also like a navy or nordic exterior paired with a UV interior.

    One last favorite: obviously, I have been collecting too many bag colors (!), but I adore the coyote accents on my black skookum dog duffel, as it seems so classic to me. I wish there were more items offered in this sort of retro seeming combination. I do not have a guide's pack, but I periodically wistfully admire the navy version with its lovely coyote accents. I cannot justify adding yet another backpack, but that is the one I drool over.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 04-06-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Share
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    295
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a weird habit of coordinating my bags and accessories to match my work colors. My company recently went through a rebrand and changed our color palette from blue/white/pale gray to dark gray/orange/slate blue/mint green. While this isn't my personal preferred color combo, my Nebulous/Cloud L15 is partnered with a Fjord snake charmer and a Monarch pouch, and that's a pretty nice- looking set!

    My personal favorite color set at the moment is Cloud/Dawn/Sitka/Monarch. I'm also with NWhikergal - after the gloom of winter I'm enjoying my black ballistic SZTSB with Alphaviolet, Viridian, Solar, and Grass accessories.

    I absolutely adore my Olive/Dawn DLBP. It's the most soothing color combo out there, and I really wish more items were made in that set.

    There are a couple of colors that I've never warmed up to, including Iberian, Island, and, weirdly, Steel and Navy ballistic. I love blues and grays, but have been totally underwhelmed by the items I've picked up in those shades.

    One of my absolute favorite things about TB is picking up small accessories to check out a color before I invest in a larger bag.

  13. #13
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    18
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    I have a weird habit of coordinating my bags and accessories to match my work colors. My company recently went through a rebrand and changed our color palette from blue/white/pale gray to dark gray/orange/slate blue/mint green. While this isn't my personal preferred color combo, my Nebulous/Cloud L15 is partnered with a Fjord snake charmer and a Monarch pouch, and that's a pretty nice- looking set!

    My personal favorite color set at the moment is Cloud/Dawn/Sitka/Monarch. I'm also with NWhikergal - after the gloom of winter I'm enjoying my black ballistic SZTSB with Alphaviolet, Viridian, Solar, and Grass accessories.

    I absolutely adore my Olive/Dawn DLBP. It's the most soothing color combo out there, and I really wish more items were made in that set.

    There are a couple of colors that I've never warmed up to, including Iberian, Island, and, weirdly, Steel and Navy ballistic. I love blues and grays, but have been totally underwhelmed by the items I've picked up in those shades.

    One of my absolute favorite things about TB is picking up small accessories to check out a color before I invest in a larger bag.

    I love coordinating small accessories with my bags too!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Forum Member ButtUglyJeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Share
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    112
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I regret not ordering an L15 in either Aubergine/Coyote or Deep Blue/Coyote. Ever since I received my Nebulous/Coyote GES25, I think I want all the bags to have Coyote interior (unless Zest makes a comeback)...

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Share
    The Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    104
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    I regret not ordering an L15 in either Aubergine/Coyote or Deep Blue/Coyote. Ever since I received my Nebulous/Coyote GES25, I think I want all the bags to have Coyote interior (unless Zest makes a comeback)...
    Don't despair yet Jeff, I am seriously considering sending my Aubergine/Coyote L15 back. I LOVE the color combo - but am afraid that =the bag is just a little too small for me. There may be one available soon.
    S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/Solar; GES25/Coyote, GES25/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA/Steel, SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Canyon, MCB/Wasabi, MCB/Canyon; LCB Steel/Navy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •