Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I requested swatches...it didn't help my indecision

So I'm thinking of getting an S19 in halcyon (if anyone knows my post history, you know I have ordered and returned one previously, but I have a different use now), but my initial reaction is that I prefer dark halcyon over original. Unfortunately, they are only pairing dark halcyon with wasabi this run and bright green is not my thing. The original is paired with island (my favorite interior). So I'm stuck between those two options if I want to order a bag this run.

Since I haven't seen either wasabi or original halcyon in person, I requested swatches of both fabrics. They came very quickly to my Florida home (if only UPS was that fast) and I'm stuck. I now want a bag in Original/Wasabi. I couldn't believe it. I have them sitting layered on my kitchen table and they actually look very nice together. The green isn't as bright as it appears in the pictures and the white grid on the original is less pronounced.

But I think I'll go with the black halcyon/wasabi when it comes back into production since I already have a bag with island interior.

As to my use case, I think I'm going to use the bag as a personal item for air travel. I have an Aeronaut 45 as my carry-on, so this bag will be jury-rigged to carry crossbody using an absolute strap and carabiner clips on the handle and waist belt loop. I've seen that carry method posted before and it seems like it'll work well. I have an s25 that I love and use as my work edc, but it will look a bit too big carrying crossbody like that. I previously had issues with the S19 as a backpack (I felt it was too small for my back), but a crossbody configuration with occasional backpack use should work fine. I don't want to do a traditional crossbody bag because they aren't big enough for my needs.

Anyway, has the swatches thing ever happened to anyone else? I thought for sure I'd be able to rule out one of them right away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My SE and CP are both Original/Wasabi. Love them both!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are time when the swatches help me a lot and other times when I need to see it on the whole bag... I thought the swatches were particularly helpful for the 1050 to 525 type comparisons.

And I've realized that the black trim/piping and overall shape of a bag really impacts how I see the colour of the main body... there are some colours that I only like in certain bags/shapes and not in others.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!