Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Directions to TB Factory

Greetings,
    After several failed attempts with both google search and the forum search, I'm asking the question here.

How do I get from the SEA-TAC airport to the Tom Bihn factory? I'd like to use public transportation. However, if a taxi is less than 30 minutes and public transportation is over an hour and a half (with transfers), then I'd probably choose the taxi.

I know this information has been posted here before, but after a determined search, I'm still coming up empty.

Thank you! elisa

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Elisa,

There's a little bit of a walk, but you can take the Light Link Rail to SoDo Station then walk to the southwest corner of 4th and Lander (~1-2 blocks), take Bus 131 5 stops to 4th and Dawson, then walk from 4th and Dawson ~6 blocks west and 2 blocks north to TOM BIHN just north of Hudson and E Marginal Way.

Alternatively, depending on the time of day (you'd only be able to take it from ~6:20am - 8:50am as Bus 121 only runs during morning and afternoon rush hours), you can take the Link Light Rail to Pioneer Square Station, exit at the 2nd and Yesler exit, walk 4 blocks north to the northwest corner of 2nd and Marion, and take Bus 121 4 stops to E Marginal Way and S Alaska St then cross the street, go around the fenced-in parking lot, and arrive at TOM BIHN.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by MatthewR; 04-22-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't comment on public transit, but I just checked Uber and it's a $25, ~20 min. ride from the airport at the moment. This can vary quite a bit depending on time of day..

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Both replies are very helpful. elisa

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    It was wonderful to visit the Tom Bihn Factory Showroom last week. The crew is even more delightful in person. It was my privilege to play my ukulele for the crew again. Darcy was a good sport, recieving her first ukulele lesson in front of the whole crew. She's got great rhythm.

Ichiro (did I spell his name correctly?) greeted me warmly and in official canine diplomatic fashion, promptly shed all over my leggings. He is a charmer!

What about the bags? I decided to get a Nordic Pilot (possibly with a NWS interior); Ghost Whale pouches in Viridian, Grass, Alphaviolet, and blue; and an organizer pouch.

I have a couple photos of my visit to the Tom Bihn factory, but I can't upload them yet. I'll get to it in two weeks. elisa

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
    Greetings,
    It was wonderful to visit the Tom Bihn Factory Showroom last week. The crew is even more delightful in person. It was my privilege to play my ukulele for the crew again. Darcy was a good sport, recieving her first ukulele lesson in front of the whole crew. She's got great rhythm.

Ichiro (did I spell his name correctly?) greeted me warmly and in official canine diplomatic fashion, promptly shed all over my leggings. He is a charmer!

What about the bags? I decided to get a Nordic Pilot (possibly with a NWS interior); Ghost Whale pouches in Viridian, Grass, Alphaviolet, and blue; and an organizer pouch.

I have a couple photos of my visit to the Tom Bihn factory, but I can't upload them yet. I'll get to it in two weeks. elisa
    Can't wait to see your pics! :-)