Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Pilot the right bag for me?

Hi everyone!
    I need an help for choose my first TB bag.

My bag (a messenger 18 liters) currently carries those things:

Is Pilot the right bag for me?-daily-jpg
    Almost evederyday I carry my lunch to the office, so i need a bag where i can put my lunch box (you can see it in the photo).

When i travel i'd like to use the same bag, so i it is important that the bag must fit under most airline seats
    I'd like also to have a pocket easy to reach for passport and tickets.

When i travel I usually carry thoese things

My first choice is Pilot, but i'm not sure is the right bag for my needs.
    Maybe a Cadet is it better?

TB's experts please give me your advice!

Thanks!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second photo doesn't work... Anyway, when i travel i carry almost the same as everyday, less the lunchbox and bottle plus my bluetooth keyboard

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the lunchbox, these items would probably fit better in the 3D space of the Pilot than the flatter volume of the Cadet.

What are the outside dimensions of your lunch box? It would probably have to fit in one of the front pockets...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Due to the lunchbox, these items would probably fit better in the 3D space of the Pilot than the flatter volume of the Cadet.

What are the outside dimensions of your lunch box? It would probably have to fit in one of the front pockets...
    19 x 10,5 x 7 cm ( 7,5 x 4 x 2,8 inch)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, all of that will fit in the Pilot no problem, with room to spare! And it's a great travel bag. I routinely (like more than 1/2 my trips) travel with just the Pilot as my one-bag, so I know that it fits great under the seat. It's one of the reasons I went with the Pilot, so that I can stand it up under the seat, and still have room for my feet when I'm travelling an airline where I can't get overhead bin space.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks @Kaadk and @G42!

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of these items, and then some! Will fit in the pilot. My only concern would be the lunch box. A lunch box like that is great, but if youve got a wet lunch then youd have to put it vertically and risk some leaking out or whatever. Ive never been comfortable with that prospect. For that reason Id maybe consider a makers bag. Just saying. Or a yeoman mini if you can deal with clutter of no organisation at all.

Or get a different shaped lunch box (tall and thin instead of short and wide).

Just my thoughts based on my experience with the yeoman and the pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
    All of these items, and then some! Will fit in the pilot. My only concern would be the lunch box. A lunch box like that is great, but if you’ve got a wet lunch then you’d have to put it vertically and risk some leaking out or whatever. I’ve never been comfortable with that prospect. For that reason I’d maybe consider a makers bag. Just saying. Or a yeoman mini if you can deal with clutter of no organisation at all.

Or get a different shaped lunch box (tall and thin instead of short and wide).

Just my thoughts based on my experience with the yeoman and the pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At ~4" wide, it should nestle somewhat on the bottom of the main compartment of the Pilot, especially if it can intrude on the front pockets. It wouldn't be perfectly flat on the bottom, but I don't think they'd have to stand it vertically. I agree with you vertically I'd be concerned about it leaking (I've seen others like that leak), but with the lack of a laptop, I don't really see the need.