Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In late January, Darcy posted this announcement: "The Stowaway is now officially retired because Tom's working on a new travel bag design that is similar in some ways and very different in others."

I'd want to see the final version of the new bag before spending money on a NFTD. It might be even better!
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 04-23-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
    Modified or not, I'd just like to see it come back. I never managed to get one before they disappeared. I don't know if I'd actually use one, but now that it's gone, I want one.
    I find I use mine constantly.

fredletsTravels
    http://www.fredletsTravels.com
    #TeamUltraviolet

Forum Member
    Austin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a minimalist traveler, both for work and vacation. The NF was perfect for me. My original bag got ruined last year and I never see any on ebay. It sucks, it was a great bag.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InAustin View Post
    I'm a minimalist traveler, both for work and vacation. The NF was perfect for me. My original bag got ruined last year and I never see any on ebay. It sucks, it was a great bag.
    Oh no, sad news. You could try asking on the unofficial/unaffiliated Tom Bihn BST (buy sell trade) group on Facebook, there have been at least a couple for sale in the last six months.

Virginia, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I again used mine in the manner I mentioned in another thread, to carry my camera on board the plane, transferring the camera to a camera bag I had in my luggage for our walk around Legoland Florida. Our flight was just two hours, but it occurred to me why I love the NFTD so, so much. With the photo gear in the main compartment, I put the rest of my in-flight stuff in the reasonably spacious end pockets, and it's the utility of that arrangement while seated that I just love. The bag is, of course, small enough to stow under the seat, and sitting in an aisle seat, I just slip a foot out into the aisle* and slide the bag between my feet to retrieve whatever I need. If what I want is in the other end, I just turn it around without having to do any repositioning of myself. I don't like to disturb other passengers, and the handling of the NFTD minimizes any thrashing and jostling about that might otherwise accompany efforts to find stuff, especially with end pockets that open wide to reduce "fishing" for items I can't see.

* which probably isn't even necessary, but in the flying sardine cans most US-based airlines operate, it does ease the maneuver.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bartleby View Post
    I僧 on board! I was waiting for other color options to arrive when the NFTD was discontinued! I would love to see it reborn as a mini Road Buddy with some Aeronaut features (internal zips) and the photo insert option.
    Me too! I would love a rerun of the NFTD, with the photo insert option. Or a mini RB. I love my RB, but it's a bit too big for a weekendtrip.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Me too! I would love a rerun of the NFTD, with the photo insert option. Or a mini RB. I love my RB, but it's a bit too big for a weekendtrip.
    Yes, I love my RB (and NFTD) but I agree that the RB is a bit too big for a weekend trip and a mini RB, slightly bigger than the NFTD, would be an excellent solution!

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES YES YES count me in!
    in Aeronaut or Road Buddy way is good for me, love the tiny size of the NFTD, in halcyon yes!
    just a Bihnion here

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperately, yes or something similar! My biggest problem with a lot of the Tom Bihn duffles is they are just too big.maybe for other people who pack more than I do but I only need 30 liters to begin with and I can't carry a full 30 liters in any other way than a backpack, because of shoulder issues that mean I need the weight spread out, but of course a 30-L backpack is too big for a daybag for me. So my options are stuffing a day bag unused inside something like the A 30 or brain bag, or the lack of organization of a Yeoman and a small day bag. I don't mind the Yeoman, but it would be really nice to have something with some more organization than that and a bit more of a city look. I really wanted the NF duffle but didn't have the money when they announced it was discontinued. I too, don't need the foam.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YAS please!!!! Modified or not! I was also waiting for more colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely! I知 so mad at myself for not pulling the trigger on this when I had the chance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I DO have a NFTD in original halcyon (got it two years ago this fall) and I LOVE it, but I’d also LOVE another one in aubergine or another color other than black or coyote! Please, please bring it back, original or modified - but if it’s the latter, don’t make it too much bigger overall.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the NFTD might be the perfect size for me to do a 1-2 night trip. I have managed to do 1 night trips with my DLBC before, but this would be much nicer.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in for one if it's made with an expandable/zippered center compartment. Been begging for one for years now and it's the only reason I didn't buy one before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast