Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Digital Nomad
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain bag questions

Just a few questions. I'm thinking about a gift for someone, but I want to make sure it's a good fit.

1. It's for someone going on a whirlwind trip involving Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, and the Australian Outback. Any reason it would be a bad fit for that?
    2. Are the zippers aquaguard?
    3. Is there a rainfly for it anyone could recommend? It's Asia, so...
    4. Can anyone discuss how padded the hip strap is? I think that's likely to be a priority.
    5. Thoughts on whether the back area gets sweaty?

Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím a fan of the BB, especially if you want a bag that has a really big capacity, but can also shrink down smaller as needed. The zippers arenít aquaguard, but they there is a material flap that covers the zipper to keep water out. The hip strap that comes with the bag has no padding at all. There may be a padded one you can buy extra, but I donít have it so I canít comment. There is mesh padding on the back to help with ventilation, but I find that my back will get sweaty depending on load/duration/temperature. Iíve had other backpacks that have better channeling in the padding that improve ventilation.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a great bag. I agree w prep poster comments.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bouncing, I don't remember--do you have a Synapse? And if you do, do you have the optional padded hip belt for it? The padding is the same on the Brain Bag optional padded hip belt.