Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was frustrated enough to be angry when I tried zipping the water bottle separator in....a stowaway, I think? AHEM...until I realized it zipped from the top down and not the bottom up. HooBoy.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I had a few difficulties in the beginning too until I figured it out. I don’t look at it, it’s easier to do it by feel. I reach into the backpack from above and hold the moveable zipper part in my right hand. I pull it back and upwards to put it on tension. Then I feel along the sewn in zipper in the back with my left hand and push it to a 90 degrees angle with my pointer finger. Then just slide the moveable part over it. In the beginning it didn’t work because I placed the moveable part of the zipper right at the back padding, which is TOO FAR back. For it to slide easily down there needs to be a few millimetres between the back and the zipper. I hope you get it figured out! I think this feature is really practical.

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I usually reach for my L12, I’m keeping the L15 to use as a personal item during flights.

What I love about the Luminary series:
    Sleek, understated look (not like a school backpack with tons of zippers)
    Security- pockets are discreet
    Back pocket great for tablets, Surface, and stashing things you don’t want wrinkled.

What I wish for future Luminary15:
    O-rings higher in bag would be much more useful considering the depth of th bag (I sewed my own on)
    Not a big fan of the water bottle sleeve, but not sure how to replace it...

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I will admit my zipper related operator error just in case it helps others! I paid no attention when I initially unzipped it, and I was trying to zip it bottom to top like a jacket - that is impossible. It should go top down. Silly rabbit (me)! Thank you, all, for your help and descriptions.

@KmK, I can totally relate to the frustration, lol.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2