Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brain Bag Personal Item?

Crazy question...but would a brain bag (not fully packed by any means) work as a personal item (ie fit under the seat of a flight)? I'll be flying Delta.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fly Delta Comfort+ most often, so my answer is based on that:

Probably not, alas. Definitely not if you've got one of the aisle seats with the narrow under-seat space, probably not if you've got a seat with the in-flight entertainment box under the seat, and I'm not sure about a window seat but I think they tend to have less space than the middle. That only leaves you with a possibility of it fitting if you're in a middle seat and you don't have an in-flight entertainment box taking up part of the under-seat space. Even then, a gate agent has the option to stop you if they think it looks too big, and a Brain Bag does look pretty big.

Of course, someone else might reply that they do it all the time--we'll see who else answers and what they have to say!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @mattfromindiana!

While I haven't flown Delta with any sort of frequency in a long time, I have placed the Brain Bag underneath the seat in front of me on both United and jetBlue, and it worked out just fine. Specially if your Brain Bag isn't fully packed, I don't imagine this being a problem.
    -m

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfromindiana View Post
    Crazy question...but would a brain bag (not fully packed by any means) work as a personal item (ie fit under the seat of a flight)? I'll be flying Delta.
    Just asked my husband, he owns the BB and flies frequently, he says his fits no problem on both Delta & United underneath the seat (he usually has an aisle seat). He says he doesnít have his full because itís a pain to deal with at that point but if it is under packed he has no problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskegee7294 View Post
    Just asked my husband, he owns the BB and flies frequently, he says his fits no problem on both Delta & United underneath the seat (he usually has an aisle seat).
    Cool! I'm happy to be wrong about that.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Deep South, USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how it’s packed. If it’s a bit full, it can take some effort to get it even into the overhead bin of certain Delta jets. Underpacked is usually fine under the seat because it’s a short and stout bag.
    S19, Pilot, S25, SE, NFTD, SCB, LCB, LS- in that order, all in Halcyon. Newest: Brain Bag. Oh, and some Shop Bags and Travel Cubelets. And some pouches. And a couple of Organizer Wallets. And a SSK. And some stuff sacks. And a laundry sack. But I'm not hooked on TB.