Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truck compartment widths?

Hi! I'm trying to figure out how big the Truck's compartments are.

I can see the overall dimensons: 17.3" (w) x 12.5" (h) x 11.0" (d)

I'm just trying to figure out how those 17.3" are divided into the two (presumably symmetrical) end compartments vs the center compartment.

Apologies if this is a repeat; I searched the forum for "truck compartments" and "truck dimensions" and nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by x3n0n; 06-14-2019 at 09:18 AM. Reason: grammar

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it!

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    For those of you who are interested in the dimensions of the Truck, I emailed the TB Crew and this is the very prompt reply from the ever efficient and helpful Kat:

"With the Truck, it is definitely meant to have three different sections, and the stiffener on the bottom of the main section gives that center pocket a more rigid and defined space.

The center pocket can somewhat bulge out, but the overall dimensions will remain about in a 10" (side to side) x 9" (front to back) shape at maximum. That being said, the outer pockets can be overpacked and have a little more extra space that take away from that main compartment if needed, and are roughly 4" w x 9" depth. "
    I searched Google for site:forums.tombihn.com "truck" "library" because I remember that someone (I think it was moriond) had posted about carrying library books in the Truck, and that got me to the right thread. (I know we can now use Google search within the forums too, but I was already in the habit of going to the regular Google page.)
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    I found it!
    Many thanks!

As long as we're talking...on each post, there's the little "thanks/likes/welcome" section in the lower left (on the web interface, anyway). When I click on the numbers, it shows me who has already clicked, but I don't know how to get it to record one myself, and when I hover over the icons, I see "javascript://" but can't click. Is it a problem on my end?

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    Many thanks!

As long as we're talking...on each post, there's the little "thanks/likes/welcome" section in the lower left (on the web interface, anyway). When I click on the numbers, it shows me who has already clicked, but I don't know how to get it to record one myself, and when I hover over the icons, I see "javascript://" but can't click. Is it a problem on my end?
    If you touch the word, it should record for you.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    If you touch the word, it should record for you.
    Yes, exactly. Clicking the icon or the word causes your thank, like, or welcome to be counted; clicking the box shows you who has already thanked/liked/welcomed. Good question! Oh, and one other factor: you can't thank/like/welcome your own post. @x3n0n, does that solve the problem?
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, I discovered that the Truck won't hold 3 ring binders. They fit great in the Pop Tote though, so all is good.

France
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Yes, exactly. Clicking the icon or the word causes your thank, like, or welcome to be counted; clicking the box shows you who has already thanked/liked/welcomed. Good question! Oh, and one other factor: you can't thank/like/welcome your own post. @x3n0n, does that solve the problem?
    FYI, it takes a while before the "words" appear, I couldn't thank or like at the time I registered in this wonderful forum, after some days (weeks? posts?) the words did appear
    just a Bihnion here

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    FYI, it takes a while before the "words" appear, I couldn't thank or like at the time I registered in this wonderful forum, after some days (weeks? posts?) the words did appear
    Thanks, @Rei! That's good to know--it sounds like that could be what's going on for @x3n0n. (The same thing must have happened for me when I joined, but I've forgotten.)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Maybe that's it! I have icons and numbers, but no words (except for hover labels). Thanks!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just following up: I do, in fact, have the ability to like/welcome/thank now. Thanks again for your help!