Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New job, new laptop, new bag (recommendation please!)

So to preface, I am as loyal a Tom Bihn customer as can be and despite my username I have 2 bags that I love: my Synapse 25 for travel and a Luminary 15 that has been amazing for everything I need when I'm at home.

Until now

I used to use a Pixelbook for work, which fits nicely into the L15's padded section. Recently I started a new job and was given a Macbook Pro 15, which I have been carrying in the L15's main section but it's precarious (to make things more secure I'd have to purchase a sleeve for the Macbook, why do that when I can just hunt for a new bag???)

My greatest bag wish currently is for a Luminary that can fit a 15" laptop in its padded section but since Tom Bihn doesn't make one what else would folks recommend?

Things I love about the L15: perfect size for a laptop and some gym clothes and shower necessities (a small bottle of Dr Bronner's soap and some flip flops). So I'm looking for something slim and sleek like the L15, something fun (the tacti-cool look is not my thing at all!), and it'd be the icing on the cake for some quality TB-esque materials.

Bags that come close but haven't gotten me to purchase yet: the Bellroy Classic (I wish the Classic Plus was smaller, love the separate laptop section) and the Thule Enroute 18L (wish they didn't have their branding so large on the bag). I'm curious as to what else the community can suggest!

(BTW, Synapse 25 is too big for my daily carry needs and the S19 is too small to properly fit a Macbook Pro 15 in its cache)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say to try the Daylight Backpack.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just like your name and disclaimer about it!

Carry On.......no pun intended really?

Georgia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onebag View Post
    So to preface, I am as loyal a Tom Bihn customer as can be and despite my username I have 2 bags that I love: my Synapse 25 for travel and a Luminary 15 that has been amazing for everything I need when I'm at home.

Until now

I used to use a Pixelbook for work, which fits nicely into the L15's padded section. Recently I started a new job and was given a Macbook Pro 15, which I have been carrying in the L15's main section but it's precarious (to make things more secure I'd have to purchase a sleeve for the Macbook, why do that when I can just hunt for a new bag???)

My greatest bag wish currently is for a Luminary that can fit a 15" laptop in its padded section but since Tom Bihn doesn't make one what else would folks recommend?

Things I love about the L15: perfect size for a laptop and some gym clothes and shower necessities (a small bottle of Dr Bronner's soap and some flip flops). So I'm looking for something slim and sleek like the L15, something fun (the tacti-cool look is not my thing at all!), and it'd be the icing on the cake for some quality TB-esque materials.

Bags that come close but haven't gotten me to purchase yet: the Bellroy Classic (I wish the Classic Plus was smaller, love the separate laptop section) and the Thule Enroute 18L (wish they didn't have their branding so large on the bag). I'm curious as to what else the community can suggest!

(BTW, Synapse 25 is too big for my daily carry needs and the S19 is too small to properly fit a Macbook Pro 15 in its cache)
    I agree with the first poster. Try the Daylight Backpack. Itís 16.5 liters and should fit your laptop Iím thinking even with the cache on it. Donít quote me on that, lol. Iím going to the Apple Store later today and I own two DLBP (original Halcyon and Deep Blue 525 Ballistic). I can see how the 15Ē MacBook Pro will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dream."

LCB in Navy/Cayenne; MCB in Nordic/Wasabi; SSB in UV & Black Halcyon; LSB in Island Halcyon; Swift in Black/Steel; LS in Aubergine/Island; SE in Original Halcyon/Wasabi & Nordic Halcyon/UV; Pilot in Black/Wasabi; FJN in Grey & Navy; PCSB in Black Halcyon; TT in Monarch, Sitka, UV, Island, Wasabi & Black, L12: Nebulous Gray/Island and PT in Deep Blue.

Vancouver, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up: I don't know the actual dimensions of your laptop and cache, but I use a Tom Bihn size 15D cache (fits a Macbook pro 15 with touchbar) in my Daylight Backpack and that's about the largest I think fits, as the top of the cache just squeezes inside the zippers where the bag tapers at the top. If you use a larger cache, I'm not sure it would fit.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the 15D cache for my MacBook Pro and it fits just fine. Without a case/shell it slips in and zippers up fine. With a case/shell, the MacBook is very snug and can be hard to zipper up. Really have to maneuver it but itíll zip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Northern Virginia
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @onebag!

I know that the MacBook Pro 15" isn't listed on the fit list, but here's a shot of what the 15" MacBook Pro in a Cache looks like inside the Synapse 19. I have many times carried the 15" MacBook Pro in the Synapse 19.

The Daylight Backpack will also nicely accommodate the 15" MacBook Pro.
    Attached Images Attached Images New job, new laptop, new bag (recommendation please!)-img_0423-jpg  New job, new laptop, new bag (recommendation please!)-img_0424-jpg 
    -m