Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undo the plastic zipper pulls?

So in my excitement of getting my RB 60 today, I quickly put on a few zipper pulls and I didn't do a few of them right so I want to take the black plastic pieces apart without destroying them. Has anyone had success on getting the two pieces apart? Thanks!

FYI, the Coyote RB 60 is beautiful and a huge bag, wow!!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have. I carefully use a razor blade and work one (short) side at a time, just giving it a little wiggle between the pieces.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the tip of the blade on my pocket knife to get a little gap, then the flat edge of the blade to finish prying apart.

Alabama
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used needle nose pliers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the most success with very carefully using two paring knives, one to pry apart one side and the other to pry apart the other side. Sometime I also plan to try my smallest flathead screwdriver, but I haven't done it yet.

Also, if you want some extra of the plastic zipper pull tips, I have some spare ones! Feel free to send me a PM and I can mail you some.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    So in my excitement of getting my RB 60 today, I quickly put on a few zipper pulls and I didn't do a few of them right so I want to take the black plastic pieces apart without destroying them. Has anyone had success on getting the two pieces apart? Thanks!

FYI, the Coyote RB 60 is beautiful and a huge bag, wow!!
    @Jeff A, some of the suggestions here seem a bit drastic. This has been discussed a few times. Try reading through the HOW DO YOU REMOVE zipper pulls? thead. (I do use my Swiss Army knife, but one of the flat tipped attachments for screw driver blades)

HTH,

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 06-21-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Forum Member
    Boise, Idaho
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading the suggestions made me want to locate my first aid kit!

They come apart easily using simple and dull objects like screwdrivers or two pairs of small pliers. Work slowly till you get the hang of it.

If you must use a knife, don’t push into the palm of your hand, across a finger, or onto your leg. You WILL need that first aid kit.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very careful when I use knives to do this! I agree that it can be dangerous. Unfortunately my regular-sized screwdriver's blade is too thick to get in there (not too wide from side to side, but too thick to get between the pieces).
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.