Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any updates on the new backpack model or mid-sized Synapse?

Us shorties would love a 18” or shorter backpack with more volume than Synapse 19. Maybe a “tech” version with dedicated laptop compartment?

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums, @thirteen! I can't answer your question, but maybe @Darcy can.

In the meantime, have you considered the Brain Bag? It's 18.1" high and at 36 liters it's almost twice the volume of the Synapse 19. Or is that too much?
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the same predicament, because I have a short torso.

The S19 and the Brain Bag fit really well but, I had to return the S25 which was in a favorite color, so I was really upset.

Later, Tom Bihn created and released the Daylight Backpack which is wider and taller than the S19 but it fits because it is not lower, like the S25.

Another new creation is the Luminary 12, perfect size and shoulder straps in dreamy soft fabric.

The downside is that it has a smaller capacity than the S19, laptops don't fit, tablets do.
    Last edited by backpack; 06-27-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Forum Member
    Louisiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    In the same predicament, because I have a short torso.

The S19 and the Brain Bag fit really well but, I had to return the S25 which was in a favorite color, so I was really upset.

Later, Tom Bihn created and released the Daylight Backpack which is wider and taller than the S19 but it fits because it is not lower, like the S25.

Another new creation is the Luminary 12, perfect size and shoulder straps in dreamy soft fabric.

The downside is that it has a smaller capacity than the S19, laptops don't fit, tablets do.
    My MacAir 11 fits in my luminary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was mistaken, thin and light laptops fit.

Thanks to Honey, I re-read the description on the L12 page.

"The Luminary 12 is designed for folks who carry a tablet and/or phone as opposed to a larger laptop, and the tablet is meant to be carried in the padded back pocket of the Luminary (it fits tablets up to the size of the 10.5" iPad Pro.) While laptops up to the size of the 12" MacBook or 11" MacBook Air in their respective Cache sleeves will fit in the main compartment of the Luminary, the bag itself does not have rail loops for the Cache. We do not recommend trying to fit laptops larger than the 12" MacBook in the Luminary 12."

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, even my 13" MacBook Pro fits in my Luminary 12--but only without a Cache, so it has no protection. That's probably the reason for the recommendation not to do it.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also very much awaiting this dedicated-laptop-compartment version of a TB bag! And potentially with clamshell main compartment and black halcyon!