Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luminary 12 vs original

I seem to remember a post somewhere saying that the L12 is slightly deeper than the original to accommodate the side pockets. Am I imagining this?!?
    Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Traveltech, I don't remember such a thing, though it's possible I missed it. What I remember is that the section surrounded by decorative piping (the very front of the bag) is narrower than on the original because of the deeper side pockets.

Actually, I wonder if you're thinking about this post--does that look familiar? That post does say "It looks like it's 0.25-0.5" deeper" but it's in reference to the pocket being deeper, not the Luminary itself.

In that same thread, @moriond does a better job of explaining the change than I did at the beginning of this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Yes, the pockets of the new L12 are bigger than the original. They moved the curved seam edges further in from the sides, and they also made the label in the center panel smaller. Because the piping color matches, the narrower center section is not as noticeable. But, for instance, the Ghost Whale Pouch that I hang from the side pocket o-rings of the new L12 would have been too wide to fit into the original L12.

HTH

moriond
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.