Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Travel Cubelet in Coyote

I wanted a bag that would hold what I normally carry in my pockets and a little more, but still ride under my arm and under my raincoat. I have a Maker's Bag that I use as a day bag, but it's big for EDC around town. Basically it's about smartphones and enough other stuff in my pants pockets that it makes it difficult to keep my pants from sliding down!

So the search began: simple, small and light with room for phone, earbuds, maybe a small power bank, a Moleskine notebook, pen, glasses, a Victorinox Classic pocket knife, an LED flashlight, and a glasses cleaning cloth.

Drum roll... Travel Cubelet! I have the pleasure of living in Seattle, exacly 12 miles from the Tom Bihn factory store. I was able to secure one of the new TC's in Coyote, matching my Smart Alec and Aeronaut 30. Not only was it a good size, but it came with a 5/8" shoulder strap made of a new softer, thicker material.

I've had a few days to fiddle with it and it's a keeper. I can actually strap it to the outside of the Smart Alec using a couple single Gatekeeper clips and a long keystrap. Better yet, it makes for a "mini Freudian Slip" in my Maker's Bag. If you a truly a one bagger, this makes for a great boarding bag, keeping your phone, glasses, boarding pass and passport close at hand and secure. I discovered that I can lock the zippers to the shoulder strap using the provided zipper pulls.
    Attached Images Attached Images New Travel Cubelet in Coyote-dsc_0070-jpg  New Travel Cubelet in Coyote-dsc_0074-jpg  New Travel Cubelet in Coyote-dsc_0075-jpg  New Travel Cubelet in Coyote-dsc_0077-jpg  New Travel Cubelet in Coyote-dsc_0078-jpg 
    Last edited by DWSeattle; 07-06-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    Drum roll... Travel Cubelet! I have the pleasure of living in Seattle, exacly 12 miles from the Tom Bihn factory store. I was able to secure one of the new TC's in Coyote, matching my Smart Alec and Aeronaut 30. Not only was it a good size, but it came with a 5/8" shoulder strap made of a new softer, thicker material.
    The TC is great for all the reasons you list and I really like it in the 210 ballistic material, especially for bag-in-bag.

You definitely have the geographic advantage, visiting the Mothers Ship... the Black & Coyote 210 ballistic TCs are still listed as 'in production' on the website and don't even have photos up yet - so thanks for your action shots!
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Travel Cubelet in Coyote

I forgot to mention that this grade of ballistic cloth is lighter and softer than expected--- both good things. Easier on the underarm and my shirts too.

Being close to the Mother Ship is handy, but oh so dangerous! The crew there is fantastic too. I'd love to work there, but I wouldn't have much left of my paycheck for a while!
    Last edited by DWSeattle; 07-06-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWSeattle View Post
    Being close to the Mother Ship is handy, but oh so dangerous! The crew there is fantastic too. I'd love to wok there, but I wouldn't have much left of my paycheck for a while!
    I used to work in a used bookstore. I took home so much of each paycheck in books! It is very dangerous to work at a place that sells things one likes.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.