Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CQPC as 3-1-1 bag?

Will the CQPC work as a 3-1-1 carryon liquids bag in the US or is it too large? Has anyone ever had problems with the size of their liquids bag?

I know the 3DOC was designed as a 3-1-1 bag but for the same price, Iíd rather get the bigger bag. Also... 3DOC isnít available in my preferred color right now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is technically too large, but I've never had issues with it when flying domestically.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    It is technically too large, but I've never had issues with it when flying domestically.
    Thanks for that feedback! Did you use both sides for liquids or just one?

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it had to be see through? The CQPC has the divider in the middle?

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    This link might help.
    https://forums.tombihn.com/accessori...quids-bag.html

Most security rules state the size requirement to be a quart bag. The Clear Quarter Packing Cube exceeds a quart. That said, if you want to get the CQPC here is how I would do it.

Pack your liquids in a quart ziplock bag and put the ziplock bag into one side of the CQPC. Once at your destination, pack your liquids however you like. Before returning home, all liquids go back into the ziplock bag for security screening.

Good luck! elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!!! I thought Iíd seen a thread on this before but couldnít find it. I think thatís what Iíll do, have liquids in a bag on one side just to be safe CQPC as 3-1-1 bag?