Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locking up a daylight backpack

Taking my daylight backpack overseas and was looking into some zipper locks to lock the main compartment when in big cities. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

around 53į
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a lockable Nite Ize S-Biner for both my A45 and DLBP. Itís not a lock in the traditional sense but it does take a bit of time to unlock which is exactly what I wanted. I think I use the small or mini. I canít remember.

Using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    I tried the Nite Ize lockable carabiners and I like them, too. Anyone can open them, but I would think that they will probably draw your attention before a thief gets them open.

I've tried small plastic zip-ties, but you must have a knife or scissors to cut them open. That becomes very inconvenient very fast.

A small padlock or a TSA friendly lock might be suitable. elisa

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want to lock your pack while wearing it around town or to prevent pilfering while it hotel? Around town, the Nite Ize s-biner is as good as any. The locking ones take two hands to open and simply make it a hassle for a thief, encouraging them to find a weaker member of the herd A TSA style luggage lock would be my next choice in anti-pilfering in a hotel room, but you can open a locked zipper with a ball point pen or any pointed tool, simply forcing the teeth apart. Slashing is a technque used by thieves in a bus or subway, allowing stuff to fall out of your bag to be retrieved as they follow you.

This is the sort of thing that Packsafe products are all about and why I use a cross body bag like a Cafe or Maker's bag that ride wrapped around my hip or to the front when in a crowd.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm firmly in wearing a bag I can keep in front of me, like the SK. With a cross body bag, I also make sure I wear it under my jacket so no one can easily slash the strap. I never wear the bag on my back or my side. It is always in front of me, with one of my hands on it.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yeg780 View Post
    I use a lockable Nite Ize S-Biner for both my A45 and DLBP. Itís not a lock in the traditional sense but it does take a bit of time to unlock which is exactly what I wanted. I think I use the small or mini. I canít remember.

Using Tapatalk
    Thank you! Exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll have it on my shoulder/in front of me for sure, but the peace of mind of another layer of difficulty is what I'm after